Dell UltraSharp U2211H LCD monitor
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H is an impressive monitor for image-intensive work such as graphics editing
- Excellent image quality, attractive design, good build quality
- Slightly darker towards edge of screen, minor backlight bleeding on top and bottom edges, no HDMI
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H LCD monitor possesses good image quality, an attractive design and an appealing asking price.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H is a 22in LCD monitor that boasts sharp image quality, an attractive bezel and an asking price that represents excellent value. With a full range of ports and connections, as well as a design that enables tilting, swivelling and height adjustment, the UltraSharp U2211H is an impressive pick for image-intensive work such as graphics editing, though the lack of an HDMI port is disappointing.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H LCD Monitor borrows many design elements from larger models in the range, such as the excellent UltraSharp U2410. The U2211H has a similar matte black design, with a straightforward rectangular base and sharp edges. The overall look is stylish yet professional, and the monitor feels sturdily built to boot.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H's on-screen display is accessed via straightforward controls right of the bezel. The buttons are easy to press and fairly responsive, while the menu system is well designed and easy to use.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H's stand is one of its most impressive features. In addition to offering the regular tilt option, the stand is height adjustable and the monitor can rotate 90 degrees. Impressively, you can also swivel the display on the base. You'll need to slightly tilt it first in order to fully rotate the screen, but the process is straightforward. A square hole at the back of the U2211H's frame allows you to neatly manage your cables.
The screen has a matte finish, so it doesn't reflect any light and is ideal for office use. The display is set deep into the bezel though, so the edges of the screen often reflect onto the bezel even though the bezel itself doesn't have a glossy finish. This is only a minor issue.
On the rear of the Dell UltraSharp U2211H you'll find DVI, VGA and DisplayPort inputs, along with two USB ports and an audio jack. Dell also includes a further two USB ports on the left side of the monitor (you will need to attach one of the rear ports to a computer in order to the other ports). Unfortunately, the U2211H lacks an HDMI port.
The Dell Ultrasharp U2211H LCD monitor has a 1920x1200 resolution, and the screen's IPS technology means it has a near-perfect 178 degree viewing angle. It also has a 8ms response time — a little slower than many mid-range TN panels, but on a monitor that hasn't been designed for gaming this isn't a huge issue. In our tests, the U2211H ran video content and games without any ghosting or blurring.
The monitor performed excellently in our DisplayMate tests; brightness, black levels and colour reproduction were highlights. The Dell UltraSharp U2211H also displayed most gradient tests clearly, and its sharpness was extremely impressive. Our only real issues with the U2211H are the fact that it looks slightly darker towards the edge of the screens and we some slight backlight bleeding we experienced at the top and bottom edges of the display.
Become a fan of PC World Australia on Facebook
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Stay up to date with the latest news, reviews and features. Sign up to PC World’s newsletters
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung ready to make chips faster than the ones in Galaxy S8
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Fear not, early adopters: The Galaxy S8 might not be running Android 7.0 for very long
- Samsung made an even better Galaxy S8+, but you can’t have it
- Samsung's profit soars after recovery from Note7 debacle
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTFunctional Security Test Analyst | OWASPVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTProject Support AnalystNSW
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- FTConsultant - Warehouse/ LogisticsVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTPMO And Governance ManagerNSW
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- CCETL/BI /Data Stage DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTWindows EngineerWA
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW