Dell PowerVault NX1950
- It's a quick fit into any Windows-centric network, easy to configure and maintain
- NFS support is difficult to implement and manage
The NX1950 is essentially a Dell PowerEdge 1950 with a SAS array hung off the back, running Windows Unified Storage Server. It's a quick fit into any Windows-centric network and is easy to configure and maintain, but the NFS support is unfortunately difficult to implement and manage. It's a solid performer, but has the overhead of a full Windows server installation, and a high price.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Intel's new super-fast SSDs feature 3D NAND
- Samsung begins shipping redonkulous 15.36TB SSD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCTechnology Lead/ Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCIT Support Analyst// Service Desk Support/ Level 1 SupportNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW