Dell Inspiron 9300
- Performance and specs
- One-year warranty as standard
The 9300 delivers a big 17in screen, mid-weight and great performance - particularly on the graphics front.
Price$ 2,059.20 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- Inspiron 15 Laptop Battery 95.00
With the Inspiron 9300, Dell has delivered a big 17" screen and great performance--particularly for graphics.
The model we looked at included the UXGA (1920x1200 pixel resolution) option and a 256MB Nvidia GeForce Go 6800 graphics controller. It has both VGA and DVI-external monitor outputs.
Using the 2GHz Intel Pentium M processor and 1GB of DDR2 memory (of a maximum 2GB), the 9300 achieved an amazing graphics score of 19220 in 3DMark 2001. That's better than most desktops.
This graphics processing power allowed us to achieve average frame rates of 209fps and 232fps in Unreal Tournament 2003's taxing Inferno and Face3 maps, respectively--outstanding!
On the downside, Dell has only included a 60GB hard disk--which almost isn't good enough for a high-end machine anymore--and the company still only provides a one-year warranty as standard (although this includes free courier pickup and return). We also wish Dell made use of the space available on the notebook to include a dedicated number pad for the keyboard.
Dell has included system status lights above the keyboard and on the right hinge and blue-backlit CD playback buttons are located on the front fascia.
The Inspiron 9300 supports one Type II PC Card and includes single FireWire, Ethernet and 56Kbps modem connections. Serial and parallel ports are not available. Wireless connectivity comes in the form of Intel's ProWireless 2200 (802.11b/g) connection. An SD I/O card reader is integrated along with no less than six USB 2.0 ports.
Norton Internet Security, Microsoft Works 7, Dell Media Experience by Cyberlink (for music, movies and photos) and Sonic CD and DVD creation tools are also included.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surface Pro 4 on sale at Microsoft's Sydney store on November 12
- Microsoft enters the notebook market with Surface Book
- As Microsoft focuses on mobile, Windows 10 will be key
- Microsoft to live-stream Tuesday's Surface Pro 4, Lumia event
- What we expect from Microsoft's massive device launch: new Surfaces, Lumias, and Band
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC