Cygnett GrooveTooth Talk
Groove and Talk with Cygnett's latest Bluetooth speakerphone.
- Ease of use, compact, sun visor and air vent clips, in-car charger included
- Microphone could be improved, tacky design
The GrooveTooth Talk does a reasonable but not outstanding job. It's slightly cheaper than many competitors, so may appeal to people on a tight budget.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
A compact and simple Bluetooth speakerphone for the car, Cygnett’s GrooveTooth Talk is an ideal solution for those on a budget. While it doesn't boast the same quality as its competitors, its slightly cheaper asking price means it may appeal as an affordable alternative for some.
The GrooveTooth Talk is compact but in terms of aesthetics its design isn't ideal for modern vehicles. The matte black and silver plastic casing looks somewhat tacky and unattractive. That being said, its magnetic clip that attaches to the sun visor works well. Conveniently, it can also clip onto any air-conditioning vent. Depending on your vehicle layout, the latter may be a better option for outgoing sound than the regular sun visor mount.
Operation of the GrooveTooth Talk is fairly straightforward. Turning on the unit automatically puts it into pairing mode. Once paired, operation centres around the connect button and the two volume buttons. Pressing the connect button answers incoming calls and ends current ones, while holding this button for three seconds during a call transfers the sound from the GrooveTooth Talk to your mobile phone — handy if you are on a call when you need to exit your vehicle. The buttons are flat but provide reasonable tactility and don’t require a lot of force to press.
Audio quality is passable, but it’s certainly not outstanding. Our callers didn’t complain terribly about outgoing audio, though the microphone doesn’t seem to pick up as much of our voice as it should; you may have problems if you lean right back in the driver's seat or want your passenger to become involved in the conversation. Incoming audio is solid, and we found volume levels to be excellent. Wind noise can detract from a conversation despite the presence of noise suppression and echo cancellation technology, so it’s best to keep windows closed while using this unit.
In addition to regular call functions, the GrooveTooth Talk also boasts some slightly more advanced features. It can redial the last number called, mute calls, activate voice dialling (provided this is supported on your handset) and can also place calls on hold. Conveniently, the unit can pair with and remember up to eight devices.
Cygnett claims the GrooveTooth Talk is capable of seven hours of talk time and 460 hours standby off a full charge. An in-car charger and USB cable are included in the sales package and mean the unit can be charged either in your vehicle or through a PC.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
- Apple joins Wireless Power Consortium, charging up iPhone 8 rumor
- Now you can control your smart devices from your Pixel, no Google Home required
- Everything we think we know about the LG G6
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- FTPrincipal Architect - Infrastructure | Major BankVIC
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Team LeadSA
- CCTest Planner - Infrastructure/Data CentreACT