- Powerful bass, lightweight and stylish design, comfortable during long listening sessions
- Muddy mid-range, overwhelming bass at times, lack of crispness
Audiophiles won't be impressed, but if you're after a solid upgrade to your regular iPod headphones, then the GrooveAtomic is an ideal, low-cost choice.
Price$ 29.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Claiming to "bring energy and power to every track on your playlist", Cygnett's GrooveAtomic ear buds are a compact, stylish and lightweight set of headphones. Although they provide powerful and deep bass, this comes at the cost of clarity and crispness.
Cygnett claims the GrooveAtomic features "powerful bass" and we are inclined to agree. Even without any equaliser settings, bass was loud, forceful and punchy. Although this may appeal to those who like their music bass-heavy, the rest of you will be left with a pair of headphones that struggles in most other areas. In particular, the mid-range is quite muddy, especially if the track happens to be bass heavy. We also found that the general tones produced aren't as crisp or clear as we would have hoped.
That being said, if you are after an improvement on sound quality of stock headphones, then the GrooveAtomic is a decent option. At such a low price, it is a solid choice if you are after a slight upgrade in sound quality to your pre-packaged headphones, such as the ones Apple includes with iPods and iPhones. Conveniently, the GrooveAtomic has been designed so it fits the recessed headphone jack of the iPhone.
The design is quite appealing — in addition to being compact and lightweight, the ear buds are well designed and comfortable to wear for long periods of listening. Cygnett includes two different sized ear buds in the sales package, so there should be one to suit most ears.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Parrot's Zik 2.0 headphones include an accelerometer and plenty of noise cancelling
- Kogan opens online shop in New Zealand
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT