Cyberlink PowerDirector 7
With version seven of Cyberlink PowerDirector video editing and conversion software, things just get better and better
- Easy to use, fast
- "Splits" edit method might take a little time to adjust to
There are a number of nice video editors on the market, but few if any surpass Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 on any level. It's an especially good bargain as part of the DVD Suite.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Interfaces don't much get better looking than Cyberlink PowerDirector 7, nor do they get easier to use.
Although arranged into the standard media, preview, and timeline three-pane window, Cyberlink PowerDirector 7's icons are easier than most to understand.
Editing in Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 is done by splits rather than setting start and end points — a method which grows on you after a few uses — and you can import virtually any kind of media.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 walks you through most operations, it's fast and we've yet to view a transcoding that wasn't up to snuff. It also imports any video supported by a DirectShow codec though it only outputs using its own codecs (and FX), including MPEG-2 for DVDs, MP4 for iPods and the like, as well as older AVI and MPEG-1.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 comes in three basic flavours: the HE version packaged with the DVD Suite, which offers Blu-ray support; the Ultra version, which offers Blu-ray support, more video tracks, and more templates; and the Deluxe version, which forgoes support for AVCHD MP4 and Blu-ray. The trial demo version of Deluxe works for 30 days and limits iPod format encodings to a total of 50.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW