Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra
- Supports and optimises Blu-ray and HD DVD playback
- Doesn't compare to other, if not better, packages on the market
Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra is a must have for HD enthusiasts who need support for the latest in this technology. Indeed, anyone who regularly watches HD DVD or Blu-ray content will appreciate the support for these formats offered by PowerDVD. But there are other packages out there that offer equally good, if not better, tools for disc burning, ripping CDs and so on. So if HD isn't your focus then you may get a better deal elsewhere.
Price$ 161.85 (AUD)
Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra provides the best support for Blu-ray disc and HD DVD technology in the consumer market
If you are at the cutting edge of digital video technology then Cyberlink's latest package, Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra is aimed directly at you, with the top of the range Ultra version providing the best support for Blu-ray and HD DVD technology in the consumer market.
The Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra package includes a total of 10 products: PowerDVD 7.3 BD/HD, PowerProducer 4.2 (BD/HD), PowerDirector 6.5 HE, Power2Go 6 (BD/HD), PowerBackup 2.5, InstantBurn 5.0, MediaShow 3.0, PowerDVD Copy, LabelPrint 2.0, and PhotoNow! and Apple iTunes. These allow you to author and copy discs, rip CDs, edit video and photos and print labels.
While these tools vary in usefulness and quality, the core of Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra is the PowerDVD 7.3 application, which allows you to play back both Blu-ray and HD DVD footage on your computer. It does an excellent job of optimising these formats for viewing on a PC, which is ideal if you work with or watch them regularly.
As well as supporting the latest in terms of digital video, audio support is also bang up to date, and Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra supports both Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD, so audio can match sound quality.
If you want to create your own discs you can use PowerDirector to edit your video and this version includes several new features including a new Magic Movie Wizard, a useful guide that helps to ease this often complex process, plus features that allow you to manually batch import DV tape footage or to output to HDV tape. You can then author them using PowerProducer, allowing you to create both Blu-ray and HD DVD discs.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Here's how Evernote moved 3 petabytes of data to Google's cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperQLD
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)ACT
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- FTEnterprise Architect l Practice Manager - Archimate 3.0, eTOMNSW
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- FTApplications DeveloperACT