Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra
- Supports and optimises Blu-ray and HD DVD playback
- Doesn't compare to other, if not better, packages on the market
Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra is a must have for HD enthusiasts who need support for the latest in this technology. Indeed, anyone who regularly watches HD DVD or Blu-ray content will appreciate the support for these formats offered by PowerDVD. But there are other packages out there that offer equally good, if not better, tools for disc burning, ripping CDs and so on. So if HD isn't your focus then you may get a better deal elsewhere.
Price$ 161.85 (AUD)
Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra provides the best support for Blu-ray disc and HD DVD technology in the consumer market
If you are at the cutting edge of digital video technology then Cyberlink's latest package, Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra is aimed directly at you, with the top of the range Ultra version providing the best support for Blu-ray and HD DVD technology in the consumer market.
The Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra package includes a total of 10 products: PowerDVD 7.3 BD/HD, PowerProducer 4.2 (BD/HD), PowerDirector 6.5 HE, Power2Go 6 (BD/HD), PowerBackup 2.5, InstantBurn 5.0, MediaShow 3.0, PowerDVD Copy, LabelPrint 2.0, and PhotoNow! and Apple iTunes. These allow you to author and copy discs, rip CDs, edit video and photos and print labels.
While these tools vary in usefulness and quality, the core of Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra is the PowerDVD 7.3 application, which allows you to play back both Blu-ray and HD DVD footage on your computer. It does an excellent job of optimising these formats for viewing on a PC, which is ideal if you work with or watch them regularly.
As well as supporting the latest in terms of digital video, audio support is also bang up to date, and Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra supports both Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD, so audio can match sound quality.
If you want to create your own discs you can use PowerDirector to edit your video and this version includes several new features including a new Magic Movie Wizard, a useful guide that helps to ease this often complex process, plus features that allow you to manually batch import DV tape footage or to output to HDV tape. You can then author them using PowerProducer, allowing you to create both Blu-ray and HD DVD discs.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC