Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra
- Supports and optimises Blu-ray and HD DVD playback
- Doesn't compare to other, if not better, packages on the market
Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra is a must have for HD enthusiasts who need support for the latest in this technology. Indeed, anyone who regularly watches HD DVD or Blu-ray content will appreciate the support for these formats offered by PowerDVD. But there are other packages out there that offer equally good, if not better, tools for disc burning, ripping CDs and so on. So if HD isn't your focus then you may get a better deal elsewhere.
Price$ 161.85 (AUD)
Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra provides the best support for Blu-ray disc and HD DVD technology in the consumer market
If you are at the cutting edge of digital video technology then Cyberlink's latest package, Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra is aimed directly at you, with the top of the range Ultra version providing the best support for Blu-ray and HD DVD technology in the consumer market.
The Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra package includes a total of 10 products: PowerDVD 7.3 BD/HD, PowerProducer 4.2 (BD/HD), PowerDirector 6.5 HE, Power2Go 6 (BD/HD), PowerBackup 2.5, InstantBurn 5.0, MediaShow 3.0, PowerDVD Copy, LabelPrint 2.0, and PhotoNow! and Apple iTunes. These allow you to author and copy discs, rip CDs, edit video and photos and print labels.
While these tools vary in usefulness and quality, the core of Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra is the PowerDVD 7.3 application, which allows you to play back both Blu-ray and HD DVD footage on your computer. It does an excellent job of optimising these formats for viewing on a PC, which is ideal if you work with or watch them regularly.
As well as supporting the latest in terms of digital video, audio support is also bang up to date, and Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra supports both Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD, so audio can match sound quality.
If you want to create your own discs you can use PowerDirector to edit your video and this version includes several new features including a new Magic Movie Wizard, a useful guide that helps to ease this often complex process, plus features that allow you to manually batch import DV tape footage or to output to HDV tape. You can then author them using PowerProducer, allowing you to create both Blu-ray and HD DVD discs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- China develops its first homegrown server amid cybersecurity concerns
- Honda rolls out pedestrian detection for Legend sedan
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Microsoft to continue using Nokia brand on entry-level phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW