Creative Labs MuVo TX FM
- Voice and FM radio recording, small and lightweight, easily operated
- Limited storage space, small screen
The player's small size and range of features make it ideal for an active lifestyle but restrict its functionality. Buy this product for its convenient and adaptive design, not for its storage space.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Creative's MuVo TX FM MP3 player combines a wide range of audio features into a lightweight, palm-sized player.
Weighing only 32 grams (without battery), the player is perfectly suited to a life on the go. With MP3 playback, voice recording and recordable FM radio, the MuVo TX FM packs a lot of features into a remarkably small frame. The same frame also supports controls that, while tiny, are easily and intuitively operated. Volume is controlled digitally via two large buttons, while a single dial provides menu navigation, skip/fastforward, and tuning for the FM radio. A play/pause button on the front of the player, above the LCD screen, also serves as an on/off button.
The screen measures about 1" in length, and displays the ID3 tag of the track currently playing. The screen's display can be flipped for left-handed users. The menu system is simple, and an inbuilt equaliser offers four presets--Jazz, Classical, Pop and Rock--as well as custom five-band equalisation. Songs can be organised into folders, which provides playlist-like functionality, enabling the user to play a single album or track on repeat or shuffle.
The MuVo TX FM comes with between 128MB and 1GB of flash memory, which can be used to store data files such as photos, reports or office presentations in addition to the regular range of MP3, WMA and WAV file types playable by the device. FM radio can be recorded in WAV format, as can voice via the device's inbuilt microphone. However, the microphone only picks up noise from a very small radius, making it suitable for personal use only. There is no way to connect an external microphone.
The stereo earphones that come with the MuVo offer poor sound quality, but the player is compatible with other headphones.
Connecting to PCs via USB 2.0, the player uses a simple drag and drop interface for file transfer, and doesn't require any special software to quickly and efficiently transfer files between its memory and a computer. The thumbdrive-style connector is bulkier than a simple USB cable, and may not interface easily with some machines (laptops especially), depending on where their ports are located.
An alkaline AAA battery provides up to 15 hours of continuous playback.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT