Creative Labs MuVo Mix
- Decent battery life
- No screen, tiny buttons, poor quality sound, non-rechargeable battery, confusing controls, flimsy case
Creative's MuVo Mix offers absolutely no significant advantages over the iPod Shuffle, while its disadvantages are numerous. Don't buy this product.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
The MuVo Mix is Creative's answer to the iPod Shuffle. It is, in a single word, underwhelming.
Like the Shuffle, it lacks a screen of any kind. Unfortunately, it also comes with a non-rechargeable battery, horribly (and unnecessarily) small buttons, a flimsy and ugly plastic design, and barely adequate sound quality.
To add insult to injury, the MuVo Mix has even failed to reproduce Creative's typical ease-of-use. We found ourselves consulting the manual a couple of times to try to figure out why the player was repeating the same six-second segment of the demo track. The buttons are poorly marked, and often unresponsive unless held down. Battery life on the Mix is adequate, but it does not come with a rechargeable battery.
The included earphones were uncomfortable and delivered a very low quality sound. Buyers of the MuVo Mix are well advised to use their own preferred pair of headphones.
The MuVo Mix could have been a unique and interesting product. Instead it is nothing more than a sub-par clone of an already existing player with an established consumer base. Everything the Mix does, the Shuffle does just as well, or better. At the time of writing, the two products were even the same price.
The Mix clearly doesn't live up to expectations. Consumers who want to see how well Creative's signature features can be implemented into a shuffle-sized player are advised to check out the Creative Zen Nano Plus.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA