Creative Inspire M5300
- Powerful bass, good volume levels, great value
- Treble tends to be slightly flat in highest frequencies, bass dominates other audio
A great value speaker set for gaming and casual PC use, the Inspire M5300 is an easy and affordable way to get rumbling bass and 5.1 sound on your PC.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
Creative's Inspire M5300 is a 5.1 PC speaker set. At a very affordable RRP and with respectable audio quality, they're quite good value. Powerful bass dominates their audio range, while treble performance is their weakest area. By no means a high-end audio product, they're nevertheless well suited to basic music, movie and gaming use.
The M5300 delivers clear audio, with a minimum of distortion at reasonable listening volumes. As mentioned, however, treble is their weakest area, with a lack of definition and general flatness in the upper ranges. Bass is powerful, and although it tends to be slightly slow at times, for the most part it's well defined. Long, rumbling explosions and thumping music should be well handled by these speakers. The mid-range is clear, although along with treble it is sometimes overpowered by the dominant bass.
The volume levels are quite good, and we found a comfortable listening level at around about 30 to 40 per cent volume. We did encounter distortion at the highest levels, but realistically these were too loud for most use. Bass volume is adjustable via a knob on the back of the subwoofer, which can be somewhat hard to reach if the sub's positioned on the floor, but otherwise gives a good range of bass levels. Again, we encountered some distortion at the maximum volume, however, we found this to be too heavy anyway, and found a comfortable bass level at around 90 per cent. A small, handheld volume control plugs into the back of the sub, and is an easy and unobtrusive way to make quick adjustments.
The speakers' design is quite basic, with detachable stands for when the user wishes to wall mount. The black plastic finish looks a little tacky up close, but as a package they present a reasonably attractive aesthetic. The speakers themselves are quite lightweight, and we did notice that they were fairly easy to topple, although this shouldn't be a significant concern for most.
Overall, Creative's Inspire M5300 speaker set is a great value product. It doesn't have the best quality audio, but its powerful bass and clear mid-range make it a good choice for gaming, as well as casual movie and music use.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Mac users exposed by zero-day vulnerability
- Intel shows first Skylake tablet
- Hands-on with AMD's FreeSync: The technology that could kill Nvidia's G-Sync
- Qualcomm's Raspberry Pi-like computer has wireless capabilities
- Windows 10 powers up PC gaming with DirectX 12, native DVR, deep Xbox integration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW