Corel CorelDRAW Essentials 2.0
Essentials is a powerful and highly configurable all-in-one graphics package. Photo editing and management are a snap with this well-priced graphics suite.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
The latest version of CorelDRAW Essentials includes CorelDRAW, PhotoBook, Photo-Album and the Quickstart Manager.
Photobook is designed for retouching and editing photos and the PhotoAlbum is best used for the organisation and sharing of photos. The Quickstart Manager is a great tool for easy access to the applications; special projects or templates can be opened quickly with minimal fuss. First-time users need not feel left out, for an included training CD-ROM by Lynda Weinman (www.lynda.com) contains video clip tutorials and is a great introductory tool.
Missing that special something? CorelDRAW Essentials 2.0 also includes two Hemera CD-ROMs containing 100,000 clip art images. It also supports approximately 250 templates and 500 TrueType fonts.
CorelDRAW Essentials 2.0 is ideal for the home user or just anyone wishing to have more control over their digital photography. With more than just basic controls, Essentials presents some advanced options such as photo stitching, vector shapes support and CD burning support for archiving (see here for a screenshot).
Price is also a major factor in the buying decision and the current slew of graphics packages offer a trade-off between price and features. Microsoft's $269 Digital Image Suite, reviewed on page 29 this month, is con-siderably more costly than Essentials but offers more advanced options. Adobe's $159 Photoshop Elements 2 is less expensive but it provides less value for money, there being fewer tools and options.
Essentials is a cost-effective and well-rounded package to suit users with different levels of expertise.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA