CMS BounceBack Ultimate is simple-but-effective software that backs up your PC's entire contents to an external storage device
- Extremely simple
- It isn't cheap, can't transfer your bootable backup from one USB drive to another
CMS BounceBack Ultimate is simplicity itself, and does a find job of backing up entire systems. As a consequence it is easy to recommend. But it's not a cheap solution, and you'll end up with some pretty hefty backup files.
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
Note: pricing for this product is in US$.
The main benefit of CMS BounceBack Ultimate is its utter simplicity. We tested a solution that comprises an external USB hard drive with the CMS BounceBack Ultimate backup software already installed. It makes protecting your most valuable data a cinch.
On installing the CMS BounceBack Ultimate software on the PC and pointing it at the correct storage destination, you're prompted to create a full system backup. An initial 15GB total PC backup took only 28 minutes on our relatively clean and lightly used system, and we were even using the machine as it worked.
CMS BounceBack Ultimate isn't disk-imaging software — it simply grabs every file on your machine and dumps it on to your chosen backup drive. This means that you can access backed up files on any PC. It also means that you don't have to decide what to back up, or stop using your PC alone while it's being backed up. This is great, of course, but it does mean that you'll have some pretty hefty backups.
CMS BounceBack Ultimate also produces a bootable disk, so if the worst happens you can boot straight back into your system from any Windows PC. Again, a massive plus point, this time with two caveats. Number one: you can't transfer your bootable backup from one USB drive to another. Secondly, CMS BounceBack Ultimate uses 256-bit AES encryption, so you'll need CMS BounceBack Ultimate installed on any machine that you use to restore a backup. Keep your software key handy.
The CMS BounceBack Ultimate software's interface is about as simple as simple can be. Whether its big, cartoon-like buttons aesthetically please you is really a matter of taste.
After your first backup you can set it up to do regular incremental backups, or use the 'CDP' mode. Continuous Data Protection works as an on-the-fly backup that you can set up to update every minute, should you wish.
Such activity would, you'd think, kill your machine's running speed, but CMS BounceBack Ultimate uses hardware throttling to keep things running. In our informal tests we didn't notice any system slowdown.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT