Citrix Systems Asia Pacific gotomy PC 5.0
- Simple to use, Accessible online
- Subscription per PC
A fantastic piece of software that delivers everything it promises and more. The only problem is that it’s subscription based per computer, so Windows Remote Desktop may be a better free option.
Price$ 28.00 (AUD)
If you ever wanted to connect remotely to your desktop PC, then the obvious solution was Windows Remote Desktop connection. However, this involves a convoluted setup process, and it will run at a slow pace without many of the features found in GoToMy PC.
GoToMy PC does away with configuring firewalls and remembering IP addresses. In order to access your computer remotely, all you need to do is set up an account with GoToMy PC. You then install a small file onto the PC you want to access remotely (host), which periodically broadcasts to the GoToMy PC servers using 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard and Secure Socket Layer protocols.
One you have initialised the host PC, you can log into it from anywhere in the world via GoToMy PC's Web site. It is as easy as logging into Web-based e-mail. Once you're authenticated, your desktop appears in a new window and can view files, use applications and drag and drop files between computers.
We had it running very well over a 386Kbps connection and ran video at about 20fps over an ADSL 2 broadband connection (without audio). We even had it running over a data card on the train, so I could send e-mails as if I was in the office. GoToMy PC has optimised its software for any type of Internet connection.
It also works with Pocket PC, Linux and Mac operating systems and supports true colour in the latest version.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW