Citrix Systems Asia Pacific gotomy PC 5.0
- Simple to use, Accessible online
- Subscription per PC
A fantastic piece of software that delivers everything it promises and more. The only problem is that it’s subscription based per computer, so Windows Remote Desktop may be a better free option.
Price$ 28.00 (AUD)
If you ever wanted to connect remotely to your desktop PC, then the obvious solution was Windows Remote Desktop connection. However, this involves a convoluted setup process, and it will run at a slow pace without many of the features found in GoToMy PC.
GoToMy PC does away with configuring firewalls and remembering IP addresses. In order to access your computer remotely, all you need to do is set up an account with GoToMy PC. You then install a small file onto the PC you want to access remotely (host), which periodically broadcasts to the GoToMy PC servers using 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard and Secure Socket Layer protocols.
One you have initialised the host PC, you can log into it from anywhere in the world via GoToMy PC's Web site. It is as easy as logging into Web-based e-mail. Once you're authenticated, your desktop appears in a new window and can view files, use applications and drag and drop files between computers.
We had it running very well over a 386Kbps connection and ran video at about 20fps over an ADSL 2 broadband connection (without audio). We even had it running over a data card on the train, so I could send e-mails as if I was in the office. GoToMy PC has optimised its software for any type of Internet connection.
It also works with Pocket PC, Linux and Mac operating systems and supports true colour in the latest version.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- Hands-on: Paint 3D Preview remixes Paint for the HoloLens generation
- Windows 10's new Paint 3D app drags physical objects into digital worlds
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management FrameworkNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystSA
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperQLD
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT
- FTTechnical Writer / Instructional Designer - 3 mth contact - ASAP StartNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW