First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Citrix gotomy PC 5.0
- Simple to use, Accessible online
- Subscription per PC
A fantastic piece of software that delivers everything it promises and more. The only problem is that it’s subscription based per computer, so Windows Remote Desktop may be a better free option.
Price$ 28.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
If you ever wanted to connect remotely to your desktop PC, then the obvious solution was Windows Remote Desktop connection. However, this involves a convoluted setup process, and it will run at a slow pace without many of the features found in GoToMy PC.
GoToMy PC does away with configuring firewalls and remembering IP addresses. In order to access your computer remotely, all you need to do is set up an account with GoToMy PC. You then install a small file onto the PC you want to access remotely (host), which periodically broadcasts to the GoToMy PC servers using 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard and Secure Socket Layer protocols.
One you have initialised the host PC, you can log into it from anywhere in the world via GoToMy PC's Web site. It is as easy as logging into Web-based e-mail. Once you're authenticated, your desktop appears in a new window and can view files, use applications and drag and drop files between computers.
We had it running very well over a 386Kbps connection and ran video at about 20fps over an ADSL 2 broadband connection (without audio). We even had it running over a data card on the train, so I could send e-mails as if I was in the office. GoToMy PC has optimised its software for any type of Internet connection.
It also works with Pocket PC, Linux and Mac operating systems and supports true colour in the latest version.
Latest News Articles
- How Nokia both helped and hindered Microsoft's earnings
- Five takeaways from the Apple earnings call
- Xiaomi's Mi4 brings a touch of Apple to the open world of Android
- More mobile gadgets than people? Seven countries - including Australia - now qualify
- Microsoft revenue lifted by Cloud sales to businesses
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What does an NBN connection look like in a new home?
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 Microsoft WPC 2014: Cloud message resonating with Microsoft partners
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.