Chronos iRadio Pop
Easy Internet radio
- Simple to use, large variety of stations
- There are free alternatives
The iRadio Pop simplifies finding and listening to Internet radio stations that suit you. It attempts to compete against free alternatives through ease of use and a massive catalogue of stations.
Price$ 39.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
The iRadio Pop is a software/USB stick combo that provides a searchable catalogue of up to 13,000 Internet radio stations. Although the program is easy to use, some users may be turned off by having to pay for the iRadio Pop when the stations can be accessed for free. The product is able to be rebranded as nifty marketing device for companies.
The software launches straight from the USB stick, opening a small window that gives the user the ability to search, play and record various Internet radio stations. Stations are searchable by name, frequency, region and genre if available.
All stations play at the highest possible streaming bit rate; we had no issue with the sound. Quality and reception was excellent and there were no drop-outs while listening to stations. Users also have the choice of recording the station stream to a 192kbps WMA file.
The software's biggest advantage is that the catalogue is entirely Web-based rather than stored locally. Because of this, any changes Chronos makes to its database will instantly be recognised by the software and won't require an update.
Chronos' indexing of Web-based radio stations in a single searchable catalogue is an excellent option for those new to Internet radio. While there are free alternatives, the size of the iRadio catalogue makes it worth considering.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- YouTube is bringing live broadcasting for all to its mobile apps
- New Google prompt vastly simplifies two-factor authentication
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT