Chronos iRadio Pop
Easy Internet radio
- Simple to use, large variety of stations
- There are free alternatives
The iRadio Pop simplifies finding and listening to Internet radio stations that suit you. It attempts to compete against free alternatives through ease of use and a massive catalogue of stations.
Price$ 39.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
The iRadio Pop is a software/USB stick combo that provides a searchable catalogue of up to 13,000 Internet radio stations. Although the program is easy to use, some users may be turned off by having to pay for the iRadio Pop when the stations can be accessed for free. The product is able to be rebranded as nifty marketing device for companies.
The software launches straight from the USB stick, opening a small window that gives the user the ability to search, play and record various Internet radio stations. Stations are searchable by name, frequency, region and genre if available.
All stations play at the highest possible streaming bit rate; we had no issue with the sound. Quality and reception was excellent and there were no drop-outs while listening to stations. Users also have the choice of recording the station stream to a 192kbps WMA file.
The software's biggest advantage is that the catalogue is entirely Web-based rather than stored locally. Because of this, any changes Chronos makes to its database will instantly be recognised by the software and won't require an update.
Chronos' indexing of Web-based radio stations in a single searchable catalogue is an excellent option for those new to Internet radio. While there are free alternatives, the size of the iRadio catalogue makes it worth considering.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
- New field test lets you install Android apps directly from Google search
- Survey says: Almost a third of US consumers on Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia