Centrex Technologies CTDV400HD
- True HDTV output at 1080i resolution, informative EPG, plenty of output options
- Remote lacks some basic buttons
The CDTV400HD offers a great HDTV experience. Operation isn't as well integrated or intuitive as it could be, but the box itself still does absolutely everything it should.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Centrex's CTDV400HD brings crystal-clear high definition digital television straight to the user. With a compatible television, resolutions of up to 1920 x 1080 are possible.
The CTDV400HD is a lot larger than Centrex's SD receiver, the CTDV100. The back panel is intimidating at first, sporting a number of connections and switches. Once figured out, though, the CTDV400HD offers a multitude of connection options, including composite and DVI.
The remote control is well laid out and marked, with a row of coloured buttons at the bottom of the remote providing various functionality, depending on which menu the user is currently accessing. A few functions are missing from the remote, although the menu system does provide access to everything except resolution changes.
A full scan on the Centrex takes no longer than two or three minutes, and brings up a wide variety of regular broadcast channels, high definition channels, extra channels, datacasts and radio stations. Unfortunately for the user, however, there's no way to alternate between just TV or just radio, which makes flipping up or down through channels an unnecessarily tedious process. The favourites system does offer a viable solution to this, allowing different sub-categories in the favourites menu to be created.
While a lot of the features on the CTDV400HD may be hard to use at first, being poorly integrated or difficult to find, once established, Centrex's CTDV400HD performs as a high-quality digital TV receiver.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC