Centrex Technologies CTDV400HD
- True HDTV output at 1080i resolution, informative EPG, plenty of output options
- Remote lacks some basic buttons
The CDTV400HD offers a great HDTV experience. Operation isn't as well integrated or intuitive as it could be, but the box itself still does absolutely everything it should.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
Centrex's CTDV400HD brings crystal-clear high definition digital television straight to the user. With a compatible television, resolutions of up to 1920 x 1080 are possible.
The CTDV400HD is a lot larger than Centrex's SD receiver, the CTDV100. The back panel is intimidating at first, sporting a number of connections and switches. Once figured out, though, the CTDV400HD offers a multitude of connection options, including composite and DVI.
The remote control is well laid out and marked, with a row of coloured buttons at the bottom of the remote providing various functionality, depending on which menu the user is currently accessing. A few functions are missing from the remote, although the menu system does provide access to everything except resolution changes.
A full scan on the Centrex takes no longer than two or three minutes, and brings up a wide variety of regular broadcast channels, high definition channels, extra channels, datacasts and radio stations. Unfortunately for the user, however, there's no way to alternate between just TV or just radio, which makes flipping up or down through channels an unnecessarily tedious process. The favourites system does offer a viable solution to this, allowing different sub-categories in the favourites menu to be created.
While a lot of the features on the CTDV400HD may be hard to use at first, being poorly integrated or difficult to find, once established, Centrex's CTDV400HD performs as a high-quality digital TV receiver.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCLevel 1 IT Support OfficerACT
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- FT.Net Developer - Mid-levelNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieQLD
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- FTSenior Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions Architects - 10 roles availableACT
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- TPProcess Business Analyst - Digital InnovationNSW
- TPSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Performance AnalystQLD
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Mortgage SolutionNSW
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW