Centrex Technologies CTDV400HD
- True HDTV output at 1080i resolution, informative EPG, plenty of output options
- Remote lacks some basic buttons
The CDTV400HD offers a great HDTV experience. Operation isn't as well integrated or intuitive as it could be, but the box itself still does absolutely everything it should.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
Centrex's CTDV400HD brings crystal-clear high definition digital television straight to the user. With a compatible television, resolutions of up to 1920 x 1080 are possible.
The CTDV400HD is a lot larger than Centrex's SD receiver, the CTDV100. The back panel is intimidating at first, sporting a number of connections and switches. Once figured out, though, the CTDV400HD offers a multitude of connection options, including composite and DVI.
The remote control is well laid out and marked, with a row of coloured buttons at the bottom of the remote providing various functionality, depending on which menu the user is currently accessing. A few functions are missing from the remote, although the menu system does provide access to everything except resolution changes.
A full scan on the Centrex takes no longer than two or three minutes, and brings up a wide variety of regular broadcast channels, high definition channels, extra channels, datacasts and radio stations. Unfortunately for the user, however, there's no way to alternate between just TV or just radio, which makes flipping up or down through channels an unnecessarily tedious process. The favourites system does offer a viable solution to this, allowing different sub-categories in the favourites menu to be created.
While a lot of the features on the CTDV400HD may be hard to use at first, being poorly integrated or difficult to find, once established, Centrex's CTDV400HD performs as a high-quality digital TV receiver.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Google's 4K HDR Chromecast Ultra costs US$69, and will launch in November
- Xiaomi's 4K-capable Mi Box is the most affordable Android TV device yet
- Amazon's faster new Fire TV Stick comes with an Alexa-enabled voice remote
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTIntermediate Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSolutions Architect (Data Warehouse/Application Integration) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect- Agile,Infr & Apps, Govt backgroundNSW
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- FTMid Level Full Stack DeveloperNSW