Canon PIXMA MP760
- Film holder, multiple format support
- No automatic document feeder
Geared toward amateur photographers, the MP760 quickly scans film and prints top-quality photos, while offering perks such as a duplexer.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
Working with film or with a digital camera, the Canon PIXMA MP760 is a great multifunction unit for printing photos. It includes a film holder and a light in the lid for scanning slides and negatives. The MP760's flash memory card slots can read most memory formats (other than xD-Picture Cards), and images transfer swiftly to a PC through the USB 2.0 port. Alternatively, one can connect a PictBridge-compatible camera to the MP760's direct-print port.
The clearly laid-out control panel has a 2.5" colour LCD for previewing images and performing basic editing tasks. One can select images to print by marking and scanning an index print.
Because this model lacks an automatic document feeder, it's not ideal for certain office tasks such as copying large documents. There's no fax in the unit either, but the software package helps in sending scanned pages through a PC's fax modem.
The MP760's built-in duplexer, which saves paper by enabling two-sided printing, waits about 15 seconds for the first side to dry before printing on the reverse. The cassette in the base can hold 150 sheets of plain paper. The feeder at the rear has a 150-sheet capacity as well.
The MP760 uses five individual ink cartridges, holding three primary colours and two black inks. One of the black inks is a dye-based ink for photos, and the other a pigment-based ink for printing text.
The attractive, vividly-coloured photos that the MP760 printed on photo paper impressed us as much as did those printed by models using more ink colours. When using the black pigment ink, this model produced strong dark text, though the edges of some letters looked a little fuzzy. Colour graphics printed on plain paper looked less attractive: the pigment black ink created a posterised effect in some areas.
Scans of line art and copies of a text document delivered excellent results in our tests. Scans of text and photos also looked good. Scanned negatives looked sharp and showed details in highlights and shadows.
During our tests, the MP760 printed both text and colour graphics quickly, at 6.7ppm and 2.5ppm respectively, and it had a very fast copy speed, at 4.1ppm. It was slightly faster than average when scanning a 4" x 5" photo at 100 dpi, completing the job in 20 seconds.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager to manage two concurrent ProjectsQLD
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCTest LeadQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial ServicesVIC
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW