Canon PIXMA MP130
- Nice pictures
- Slow scanning, no true high-speed graphics mode
Good at text printing, and the memory card slots are welcome; but for graphics, it's a slow printer and scanner.
Price$ 179.00 (AUD)
The PIXMA MP130 is Canon's answer to Epson's STYLUS CX3500 MFD (multifunction device), and has a bundle of great features for a fairly modest price.
It may not be the most robustly built MFD, but the MP130's specifications are more than adequate and Canon's micro-nozzle technology promises strong print quality.
Unlike the CX3500, the MP130 doesn't have a true high-speed graphics mode. Even at the fastest setting, it can manage only 3.3ppm (pages per minute). For any sort of quality and realistic colour it takes about 1.1ppm, compared with 1.9ppm for the Epson.
The colours are bright and vibrant, though, and on text-only work it proves superior to the Epson. Strong output is possible at a zippy 6.8ppm. Scanning is basic and a bit slow, but the quality is reasonable. During our testing, a 300dpi A4 picture took 42 seconds, and 600dpi required almost four times as long.
It's not quite up to the standard of Epson's STYLUS CX3500.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- One week after patch, Flash vulnerability already exploited in large-scale attacks
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW