Bush BR20DAB digital radio
This Bush digital radio is curvy, black and sexy
- Very attractive design, great sound quality, appealing price
- No alarm clock, bass boost causes muffled audio at high volumes
Overall we are very pleased with the Bush BR20DAB digital radio: it has a reasonable price and good sound quality.
Price$ 179.00 (AUD)
The Bush BR20DAB is the latest in a line of great digital radios to be released in the lead-up to Christmas.
This digital radio is curvy, black and sexy. The whole front panel is a mesh-covered speaker, leaving the top panel for the touch button navigation controls. It has a glossy black finish as well as a chrome handle on the top.
Overall the sound quality is good; the treble and mid tones are even and there is a bass boost system to give the low frequencies more kick. When the volume is turned up, there is hardly any distortion at all in the 1.5W RMS speakers. However the bass boost (if turned on while the volume is turned up) can muffle the sound slightly.
Priced at $179, the BR20DAB is cheaper than other digital radios on the market, and we believe that you get a lot more for your money than you do with similarly priced radios like the Philips AE5320. You can plug in an MP3 player through the auxiliary input port on the side, allowing you to use the radio as a speaker. The BR20DAB picks up both DAB+ and FM frequencies and you can also store up to 20 station presets. It should also be noted that even with the antenna down the radio has excellent reception.
The touch panel controls are responsive and it is easy to navigate using the two-line LCD display, which is bright and easy to read. The top panel of the radio is illuminated with electric blue LEDs allowing the user to easily see which buttons do what.
The Bush BR20DAB is easy to take with you; although it requires six C batteries, it still remains relatively light and the build quality is sturdy enough for you to take it to a picnic without worrying too much about it breaking. The Bush BR20DAB automatically updates the time via the digital radio service, sweetening the deal — no more fiddling around trying to reset things when daylight savings comes round! Unfortunately there’s no alarm clock, which we found a tad annoying. Ultimately we were impressed both by the attractive design and the performance of this digital radio.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Australian Government issues security warning to Apple users
- Samsung eyes new enterprise opportunities in Australia
- Kids get their own travel app
- HTC, Qualcomm reworking HTC One chip design after import ban threat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW