Bush BR10DAB digital radio
This budget digital radio is easy to use and will let you listen to DAB+ and FM radio
- Acceptable monaural sound quality, simple to use
- Limited DAB+ functionality, no line-out or additional functions
If you’re looking for a simple DAB+ radio, you can’t go wrong with the Bush BR10DAB. It tunes in and plays DAB+ radio without a hassle.
Price$ 169.00 (AUD)
Bush’s BR10DAB DAB+ digital radio receiver incorporates a single speaker and a tuner in a simple body. It offers acceptable sound quality and has an easy-to-use interface.
If you don’t want or need advanced features or extra connectivity — and just want a no-frills upgrade to your old transistor radio for the kitchen or work cubicle — Bush’s BR10DAB digital radio fits the bill well. The Bush BR10DAB has DAB+ and FM reception (with 10 presets for each), an option for battery or AC power, a headphone jack, a two-line, non-backlit LCD screen, and an antenna.
The Bush BR10DAB may be light on features but it’s light on price as well, with an RRP of just $169 when we tested it. That’s a significant saving over the $249 it costs to pick up the Pure ONE Classic, which is also positioned as an entry-level digital radio. Digital radios like the Sangean DPR-99 cost even more.
The speaker has a single Watt of output, which is enough for near-field listening on a desk or in a small space like a kitchen or bathroom. We’d be reluctant to take it to a picnic and it certainly won’t be fulfilling any party duties, but the Bush BR10DAB’s speaker is nonetheless free of distortion at its maximum volume.
Sound from the Bush BR10DAB is crisp and treble-focused, with not much mid-range and no bass to speak of. There are no sound adjustment options. The headphone jack provides adequate sound quality for listening to radio, and the volume is more than loud enough for everyday use.
The tuner was no less sensitive than the more expensive models we pitted it against, with the radio able to pick up the full gamut of digital radio stations currently broadcasting in the Sydney metropolitan area. The screen is small, but with scrolling text it is eventually able to show all the necessary information. There are no advanced DAB+ features, such as a recording buffer for time-shifted audio, but at this price we weren’t expecting anything more than the basics. The Bush BR10DAB was quick to switch between DAB+ and FM radio modes, and switching between stations was equally speedy.
If all you want to do is listen to the new range of stations available on the digital spectrum, Bush’s BR10DAB is a great choice. It may not have the advanced features of other models, but it’s one of the cheapest ways to jump into the world of digital radio.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- TPTechnical Report EditorQLD
- FTData AnalystQLD
- CCBI Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Azure/AWSVIC
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Scheduler-Port MacquarieQLD