BlueAnt Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
- Great feature set, good audio quality, built-in charger.
- Slightly tinny audio from microphone, 10m range could be insufficient in some settings.
If you're after a Bluetooth handsfree kit that can do more than just handle voice calls, this package should satisfy your needs.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Blueant's Bluetooth wireless headphones are a clever take on this emerging category of headphones. Handsfree kits are nothing new, but Blueant has managed to work a number of nifty features into its Bluetooth headphone kit.
Aside from functioning as a regular Bluetooth headset (compatible with mobile phones and PCs), the Blueant model includes 128MB of memory, so you can copy MP3 and WMA files to them for playback away from a music source. You can even use the space to store data if desired.
The small silver foldable headset features a telescopic microphone and buttons to answer calls, navigate music and pause playback. If your mobile phone or PDA supports A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile--a Bluetooth standard), you can even stream music across to the headphones directly.
The comprehensive package includes just about all the small accessories you could want, including a small silver desktop charging cradle resembling a flying saucer, a Bluetooth USB dongle, USB extension and carry bag.
The battery lasts for about 3.5 hours of streaming audio playback, which is reasonable considering the packs are small. The package includes a couple of rechargeable cells, so you should be able to carry enough power around with you to last a day.
The headphones only weigh 75g and fit behind the back of the head. We found them comfortable to wear for long periods of time thanks to ample padding around the edges. The audio quality was also surprisingly good considering the small drivers contained in each earpiece, though it lacked bass punch. The microphone is well positioned and did a respectable job of picking up speech, but it did sound a little tinny at times. We found ourselves using it with Skype quite regularly during the review process. The audio signal is clear and crisp to around 9m to 10m, which would suffice for just about any computer user in an office environment, but is not quite enough range if you're looking to wander around inside a house with them on.
The entire package ships with a two-year warranty, which makes the well-designed features of the Blueant Bluetooth headphones even more appealing.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Parrot's Zik 2.0 headphones include an accelerometer and plenty of noise cancelling
- Kogan opens online shop in New Zealand
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIdentity SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP Test AnalystACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW