BlueAnt Supertooth Light
- Excellent voice quality, ease of use, ease of pairing, pop-out microphone, double sided magnetic clip
- Nothing of note
If there is a better Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone on the market in this price range, then we'd like to know about it. The Supertooth Light is simply an outstanding product.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
The BlueAnt Supertooth Light is a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone designed for use primarily in a car, but can be just as easily used at home or in the office. The Supertooth Light combines outstanding voice clarity, ease of use and the ability to connect up to five mobile phones, making it without a doubt the best hands free speakerphone we've reviewed.
The most common issue with hands-free devices is their in-call quality. Where many devices like these suffer from distortion, the Supertooth Light's full duplex speakers work fantastically, and our calls sound extremely crisp and clear. BlueAnt claims the use of noise and echo-cancellation technologies contributes to a better user experience, and based on our testing we are inclined to agree. Despite plenty of wind noise, we were able to hold a clear, concise conversation in a moving car with the window open.
The Supertooth Light has a unique design, as the microphone, located on the right hand side, also acts as a power button. When clipped to a car's sun-visor, you simply push the square-shaped microphone in to pop it out and power on the unit. Similarly, it pushes back in to turn off. Conveniently, the unit automatically goes into pairing mode when switched on, so pairing with a mobile phone is quick and hassle free. The Supertooth Light can pair with up to five phones and it cleverly remembers each phone, so there is no need to do anything after the original pairing besides switch the unit on.
The Supertooth Light functions much like a standard Bluetooth headset. Calls can be answered or rejected by pressing the call or call end/power keys, and pressing the call button also enables voice dialling (if supported by your mobile phone). Other features include redialling, and transferring calls to and from the unit and your mobile phone, as you move within range or move out of range of the device.
Aesthetically, the Supertooth Light is a sleek and compact device, with a gloss black finish. The unit measures 122mm x 60.2mm x 18.2mm and weighs a reasonable 115g. The speaker sits on top of the unit and is well concealed. There are minimal controls on the unit itself; large answer and end call keys sit next to the speakers, and volume up/down buttons are on top of the device. All the controls are soft and easy to press, and best of all, the answer/end call keys light up when your mobile phone rings for ease of use at night time. Next to the volume buttons are two indicator lights; one a blue light indicating a Bluetooth connection, and the other a charge indicator glowing red when the battery is low, and orange when the battery is being charged.
Conveniently, the Supertooth Light uses two small magnets to attach to the included sun visor clip. This means that when you flip the sun visor down while driving, the unit can easily be taken off and clipped onto the other side, so you can still access the controls. BlueAnt includes an in-car charger, an AC charger and a bonus phone holder in the sales package. Battery life is excellent according to figures of up to 15 hours talk time and up to 800 hours standby time.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
- Apple joins Wireless Power Consortium, charging up iPhone 8 rumor
- Now you can control your smart devices from your Pixel, no Google Home required
- Everything we think we know about the LG G6
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)QLD
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)WA
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT