BlueAnt Supertooth II
- Easy to use, great sound, multi-pairing
- A touch pricey
Blueant's Supertooth II Bluetooth portable handsfree offers outstanding audio combined with straightforward controls and long battery life. If you need to talk on a mobile regularly in traffic, it's a great buy.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
Blueant's SuperTooth II Bluetooth portable handsfree kit is a clever product designed to be mounted in just about any modern vehicle to facilitate safe--and legal--mobile phone conversation in a moving car.
The kit ships with a base plate that can be permanently attached to a sun visor. A couple of small but powerful magnets on the rear face of the device itself allow it to be attached when required, and then removed for parking. The SuperTooth II measures 14 x 6 x 2.5cm, making it small enough to fit into a trouser pocket, notebook case or handbag between uses.
The design reflects the fact that drivers using the device need to have their eyes on the road, and a single button next to the microphone is used to pick up and hang up the connection. The panel also features a couple of indicator lights: one to signify Bluetooth connectivity and the other for battery charge. The battery offers up to 20 hours of talk time and a phenomenal 800 hours standby.
The device operates in full-duplex mode, meaning you can talk and hear at the same time. The front face features a volume knob, and the 5cm speaker is loud enough to overcome the noisiest of cars. The noise-cancelling microphone isn't overly sensitive, and there were no problems with the device picking up feedback during operation.
In fact, in our testing the entire unit worked flawlessly: the audio was clear and crisp, and the microphone was sufficiently powerful to avoid having to yell into it to be heard at the other end. And just in case you come across a noisy environment that overpowers the speaker, a headphone is also included in the package.
Both in-car and AC charge adapters are also provided in the SuperTooth II package, and the battery takes around 3.5 hours to charge completely. Blueant's comprehensive Web site at www.blueant.com.au includes a list of compatible Bluetooth mobile phones and PDAs, and we found no problems pairing the SuperTooth II with a Nokia 6230i, a Motorola A1000 and a HP iPAQ h6365 smartphone. In fact, it supports multi-pairing to two devices, which means it can be paired to two devices at once!
With ample connectivity options, decent sound, and clever features like multi-pairing, the SuperTooth II kit hits the mark perfectly.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
- LG announces the V20, a phone squarely targeted at audiophiles
- When will your phone get Android Nougat?
- Report: Nexus home button animation and 'night light' option appear amid a batch of leaks
- Samsung officially announces the Galaxy Note 7 and a refreshed GearVR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia