BlueAnt Supertooth II
- Easy to use, great sound, multi-pairing
- A touch pricey
Blueant's Supertooth II Bluetooth portable handsfree offers outstanding audio combined with straightforward controls and long battery life. If you need to talk on a mobile regularly in traffic, it's a great buy.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
Blueant's SuperTooth II Bluetooth portable handsfree kit is a clever product designed to be mounted in just about any modern vehicle to facilitate safe--and legal--mobile phone conversation in a moving car.
The kit ships with a base plate that can be permanently attached to a sun visor. A couple of small but powerful magnets on the rear face of the device itself allow it to be attached when required, and then removed for parking. The SuperTooth II measures 14 x 6 x 2.5cm, making it small enough to fit into a trouser pocket, notebook case or handbag between uses.
The design reflects the fact that drivers using the device need to have their eyes on the road, and a single button next to the microphone is used to pick up and hang up the connection. The panel also features a couple of indicator lights: one to signify Bluetooth connectivity and the other for battery charge. The battery offers up to 20 hours of talk time and a phenomenal 800 hours standby.
The device operates in full-duplex mode, meaning you can talk and hear at the same time. The front face features a volume knob, and the 5cm speaker is loud enough to overcome the noisiest of cars. The noise-cancelling microphone isn't overly sensitive, and there were no problems with the device picking up feedback during operation.
In fact, in our testing the entire unit worked flawlessly: the audio was clear and crisp, and the microphone was sufficiently powerful to avoid having to yell into it to be heard at the other end. And just in case you come across a noisy environment that overpowers the speaker, a headphone is also included in the package.
Both in-car and AC charge adapters are also provided in the SuperTooth II package, and the battery takes around 3.5 hours to charge completely. Blueant's comprehensive Web site at www.blueant.com.au includes a list of compatible Bluetooth mobile phones and PDAs, and we found no problems pairing the SuperTooth II with a Nokia 6230i, a Motorola A1000 and a HP iPAQ h6365 smartphone. In fact, it supports multi-pairing to two devices, which means it can be paired to two devices at once!
With ample connectivity options, decent sound, and clever features like multi-pairing, the SuperTooth II kit hits the mark perfectly.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- Android device updates: Nougat is coming to the Moto G4, G4 Plus
- Beyond smartphones, Samsung wants its Exynos 9 chip in VR headsets
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FT.Net Solutions DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior IT Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- FTServer Engineer l Windows l VMWare l Active DirectoryNSW
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork EngineersACT
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- CCSenior Technical Consultant - MicrosoftACT
- TPProcess Business Analyst - Digital InnovationNSW
- FTSnr Salesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- FTSolutions Architects - 10 roles availableACT
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD