BlueAnt Supertooth II
- Easy to use, great sound, multi-pairing
- A touch pricey
Blueant's Supertooth II Bluetooth portable handsfree offers outstanding audio combined with straightforward controls and long battery life. If you need to talk on a mobile regularly in traffic, it's a great buy.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
Blueant's SuperTooth II Bluetooth portable handsfree kit is a clever product designed to be mounted in just about any modern vehicle to facilitate safe--and legal--mobile phone conversation in a moving car.
The kit ships with a base plate that can be permanently attached to a sun visor. A couple of small but powerful magnets on the rear face of the device itself allow it to be attached when required, and then removed for parking. The SuperTooth II measures 14 x 6 x 2.5cm, making it small enough to fit into a trouser pocket, notebook case or handbag between uses.
The design reflects the fact that drivers using the device need to have their eyes on the road, and a single button next to the microphone is used to pick up and hang up the connection. The panel also features a couple of indicator lights: one to signify Bluetooth connectivity and the other for battery charge. The battery offers up to 20 hours of talk time and a phenomenal 800 hours standby.
The device operates in full-duplex mode, meaning you can talk and hear at the same time. The front face features a volume knob, and the 5cm speaker is loud enough to overcome the noisiest of cars. The noise-cancelling microphone isn't overly sensitive, and there were no problems with the device picking up feedback during operation.
In fact, in our testing the entire unit worked flawlessly: the audio was clear and crisp, and the microphone was sufficiently powerful to avoid having to yell into it to be heard at the other end. And just in case you come across a noisy environment that overpowers the speaker, a headphone is also included in the package.
Both in-car and AC charge adapters are also provided in the SuperTooth II package, and the battery takes around 3.5 hours to charge completely. Blueant's comprehensive Web site at www.blueant.com.au includes a list of compatible Bluetooth mobile phones and PDAs, and we found no problems pairing the SuperTooth II with a Nokia 6230i, a Motorola A1000 and a HP iPAQ h6365 smartphone. In fact, it supports multi-pairing to two devices, which means it can be paired to two devices at once!
With ample connectivity options, decent sound, and clever features like multi-pairing, the SuperTooth II kit hits the mark perfectly.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Android's next destination: Untethered VR headsets with Snapdragon 835
- MWC 17: What's coming, what's not, and what we really want to see
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
- Apple joins Wireless Power Consortium, charging up iPhone 8 rumor
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- CCTest AnalystWA
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW