First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Crisp text, good graphics, above average speakers and movie modes, easy to use.
- Poor motion response time.
The BenQ FP91V+ sports a glossy, bright screen that makes graphics look great.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
Most glossy screens show remarkably crisp text and saturated colour, and the bright, "polish type" screen on the BenQ FP91V+ is no exception, producing excellent results in our tests. On text, the BenQ, though less of a standout, still performed very well.
With its fancy speakers and two movie modes, the FP91V+ is clearly a model for the entertainment-minded. The attached speaker bar produces richer, louder sound than I've heard from most monitors.
In addition to having standard colour presets, the FP91V+ offers two preconfigured movie modes. These can be useful for getting the best out of a training video or a movie trailer, but we haven't yet seen a monitor that could replace a TV for an evening's entertainment. You can adjust contrast and volume on the FP91V+ with control buttons, saving you the dive into on-screen menus.
The FP91V+ received only an average rating in our motion tests. Vendors report response time in different ways: in the case of the FP91V+, the 12-millisecond response time quoted refers to the rise-and-fall, or black-to-white, response time. Its intergrey, or grey-to-grey, response time clocks in at 6 milliseconds.
Latest News Articles
- China's Alibaba to offer mobile phone services in June
- Michaels says breach at its stores affected nearly 3M payment cards
- IT security is national security -- but you're not alone
- Exclusive: Google's Project Loon tests move to LTE band in Nevada
- Enterprise who? Google says little about Apps, business cloud services in Q1 report
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 4 Top 5 reasons to hate the Samsung Galaxy S5
- 5 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Monitors View all »
- 19% off $399.95
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Home Entertainment View all »
- Digital Video View all »