Belkin Australia TuneDok
- Simple, Functional, Different sized cups
- Not made for nano (although can still be used), Expensive
A simple yet intuitive device which saves space in your car
Price$ 39.95 (AUD)
The phenomenal success of the iPod has seen a wealth of accessories for Apple's number one product hit the market. These range from speaker systems, to fashion covers and more recently, in-car entertainment. Hooking your iPod up to your car stereo is now a common activity and Belkin have jumped on the bandwagon with the basic, yet useful TuneDok.
The TuneDok is simply a dock or cradle which securely holds your iPod while it is in your vehicle. The TuneDok doesn't power or charge your iPod as there are no cables, but what it does provide is an intuitive storage option using your cars cup holder. Those of you without a cup holder won't find this product much use, but for the rest of us who have been provided with this wonderful invention (which admittedly, most of us probably don't even use!) the TuneDok is an excellent product.
If you are thinking your cupholder may be too big or too small for the holder, stop worrying as Belkin has cleverly included three different sized flexible cups to ensure that most cup holders in the world will accommodate this product. In fact, we tested it in three different cars and it suited all three, via a quick change of cup. Smart, innovative and simple.
The TuneDok is essentially a two piece cradle; a flexible rubber cup and a screw on iPod holder with a suction cup to ensure stability whilst on the road. To change the cup holder, you simply unscrew the cradle and screw it into the other cup holder that you wish to use. There's no annoying double sided tape, screws or mounts, which is good news for your cars interior.
The TuneDok cradle has been designed for the standard iPod, but we used an iPod nanowithout any major problems. A nice touch that Belkin should consider for future models would be adjustable side panels, to ensure the newer model iPods would fit more snugly, but again, we're being picky. We did notice however that the suction cap of the TuneDok left a mark on the back of our nano that didn't come off for a few days after use; another minor problem.
The TuneDok can also be used as a desk stand - simply unscrew the cup, flip it upside down and screw it in again. We're not sure why you'd want to use this option, but hey, it's been offered and we're not going to complain.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - SeniorQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTHyperion SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DSITIQLD
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Consultant - AccountingWA
- TPBusiness Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCOracle Middleware Production SupportACT
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCProcurement OfficerQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPFrontend Developer (React)NSW
- FTCloud Infrastructure Specialist - Azure/AWSNSW
- FTCCTV Sales & SupportNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW