Belkin Australia Flip
- Convenient, LED light, Ease of setup, Colour Coded Wires
- Large and Bulky base
If you constantly use two computers, the Flip will definitely save you plenty of time and desktop space.
Price$ 99.99 (AUD)
Two computers. One monitor. No problem.
This is the latest marketing catch cry for Belkin's new Flip; a switch which allows you to share one monitor between two computers by simply pressing a small remote. An ingeniously simple yet at the same time intuitive device, the Flip ensures you can keep your desktop free of extra peripherals and cables by using just one monitor, keyboard, mouse and if required, speakers.
The Flip comes in two parts; the main base with connector ports and cables and the switch itself. The base contains inputs for a USB keyboard and mouse, a headphone jack, a standard VGA input as well as the switch plug. It is pretty easy to setup - first connect your monitor, keyboard mouse and speakers to the base, then plug in the remote to the base.
From here you simply connect one set of cables to the monitor, USB and speaker ports on the first computer and do the same for the second. You need to connect both the VGA and USB cables obviously, but you don't need the speaker cable plugged in if you don't want to use it - it is more for convenience than anything else. Still, the ability to use your speakers with two computers is pretty good value, even if the Flips main claim to fame is to use a single monitor with dual PCs.
The only complaint we had with the physical aspects of the Flip is the main base; it is a little bulky. In saying this however, it can be neatly tucked away behind your computer or monitor, away from prying eyes; during our testing, the only visible part of the Flip was the switch; the rest of the cables and base were hidden behind our computers. So this isn't anything which detracts from the product overall.
In good news for Mac fans, the Flip can be used with any PC or Mac computer - and even supports Linux. You can use any combination of PC and Mac desktop or notebook computers; we tested ours with an iMac 17-inch model and a PC. The results were fairly flawless, and the anti-slip rubber backing at the bottom of the switch itself is an excellent touch. Conveniently, the LED light on the switch lets you know which computer you are connected to; green for the first and yellow for the second - all the wires are colour coded, so be sure to take note which one is which when you first plug it in.
The Flip supports video resolutions of up to 2048 x 1536 and is also compatible with all VGA and DVI-I monitors. There are two versions; a USB and a PS2. If you intend to use the Flip for a Mac, it will obviously only work with the USB model.
At this price the Flip is very competitive in the KVM market. Ideal for business professionals who bring their laptops home from work and consumer or businesses who use two computers, the Flip is definitely an option worth considering.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- PC prices will continue to go up due to shortage of components
- Radeon Vega vs. GeForce GTX 1080 Ti? AMD, Nvidia announce dueling events at GDC 2017
- Toshiba's in chaos, but not quitting PCs -- yet
- Intel's 8th-gen 'Coffee Lake' chips reuse 14nm process as other Core CPUs ease into new tech
- Intel researches tech to prepare for a future beyond today's PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)ACT
- CCTest ManagerWA
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTBI Developer l Microstrategy , HadoopNSW
- CCTableau ConsultantVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW