Belkin Australia Auto Kit for Ipod
- Simple, Good design
- Expensive (depending on use), Need extra units/cables to play it through your stereo
A simple and easy to use device which is perhaps a little too expensive.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Belkin has long been associated with quality iPod accessories and they have jumped on what we like to call the "CarPod" bandwagon, producing a simple yet effective product which enables you to charge your iPod while you're on the road.
The Auto Kit connects your iPod to your cars power source and includes a cable that charges your iPod from the power of your cars cigarette lighter. Boring you'll say. Well, here is where it gets interesting. Belkin has also included an adjustable amplifier and a 3.5mm audio out jack that allows you to play your iPod through your car stereo (if your head unit has the appropriate input).
This means if your car stereo has a 3.5mm input, you can play your iPod directly through your sound system using this unit and only this unit. For $79.95, that's a real bargain, especially when you consider the price of the head units that are "iPod ready". Granted, a lot of car stereo systems won't have this input, but for those that do, this product is highly recommended.
Don't stress if your stereo doesn't have this connection; the 3.5mm jack on this device means that you can buy other Belkin accessories (such as a mobile cassette adapter) and play it through your car in combination with this unit. It does end up being quite expensive using multiple units though and there's undoubtedly cheaper single units available that may better suit your needs.
Keeping in line with the iPod theme, the Auto Kit is finished in white and grey plastic. The 3.5mm audio-out jack is located underneath the cigarette lighter plug, with the small volume dial just behind it. This is quite a convenient as the cigarette lighter adapter can be inserted upside down, meaning the dial and the plug can be face up, allowing for easy access.
Rounding out the package, the unit is engineered with a replaceable safety fuse to protect from short circuits and an illuminated LED light indicator allows you to ensure that the Auto Kit is connected properly. Notably, the Auto Kit comes with an impressive lifetime warranty.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- TPAPS6/EL1 Database Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW