Baumann Meyer DT2600
- Good image quality, wide range of connectors
- No adjustment in base
A wide range of inputs, 1080i support, and two-year warranty make Baumann Meyer's DT2600 is a great choice for a widescreen TV.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
Baumann Meyer's DT2600 is an impressive 26" widescreen LCD TV. The Korean-built unit features a clean, elegant appearance to fit into most modern homes. It measures 85 by 46 by 20cm and weighs in at 16 kilograms.
Side speakers border the wide LCD panel, with a stand built into each speaker unit. This means the screen is solidly attached to the table, but there's no swivel or height adjustment on the base. Thankfully, a 100mm VESA wall mount is available.
The widescreen features a metallic border and silver finish. Baumann Meyer has opted for an understated finish with no front buttons. Instead, all the controls are found on the underside of the front face. They are a little hard to reach, but this isn't a massive issue as the remote control is both well laid-out and easy to use. All aspects of the screen functions are driven by the remote control, including the tuning, picture and audio settings.
The Autotune function is extremely quick, and image quality is excellent, with no ghosting or other visual artefacts noticeable during testing. Picture in picture is fully supported, as is Teletext and a range of widescreen modes. The panel runs at a native resolution of 1280 by 768 pixels, and looks great in a range of lighting conditions with a 500:1 contrast ratio and 450cd/m2 brightness rating. A 170° viewing angle also makes it extremely easy to see what's going on from all corners of the lounge room.
The unit includes a stereo analog TV tuner built in, but the device is available in Australia with a Topfield standard definition digital box at no extra cost, and can scale right the way up to handle 1080i content.
The rear panel features a standard array of inputs, including S-Video, component, SCART and composite. A VGA connector is also provided for those who want to attach the display to a computer, and an easy to reach side panel also includes composite and a second S-Video connector alongside a headphone socket.
The TV ships with a remote control, power cable and manual, and a two-year warranty should provide some peace of mind. At a reasonable price, Baumann Meyer is onto a winner with the DT2600.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Latest News Articles
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT