Baumann Meyer DT2600
- Good image quality, wide range of connectors
- No adjustment in base
A wide range of inputs, 1080i support, and two-year warranty make Baumann Meyer's DT2600 is a great choice for a widescreen TV.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- Cookware 71229 Skillet Set, Stainless Steel, 8 ... 422.99
Baumann Meyer's DT2600 is an impressive 26" widescreen LCD TV. The Korean-built unit features a clean, elegant appearance to fit into most modern homes. It measures 85 by 46 by 20cm and weighs in at 16 kilograms.
Side speakers border the wide LCD panel, with a stand built into each speaker unit. This means the screen is solidly attached to the table, but there's no swivel or height adjustment on the base. Thankfully, a 100mm VESA wall mount is available.
The widescreen features a metallic border and silver finish. Baumann Meyer has opted for an understated finish with no front buttons. Instead, all the controls are found on the underside of the front face. They are a little hard to reach, but this isn't a massive issue as the remote control is both well laid-out and easy to use. All aspects of the screen functions are driven by the remote control, including the tuning, picture and audio settings.
The Autotune function is extremely quick, and image quality is excellent, with no ghosting or other visual artefacts noticeable during testing. Picture in picture is fully supported, as is Teletext and a range of widescreen modes. The panel runs at a native resolution of 1280 by 768 pixels, and looks great in a range of lighting conditions with a 500:1 contrast ratio and 450cd/m2 brightness rating. A 170° viewing angle also makes it extremely easy to see what's going on from all corners of the lounge room.
The unit includes a stereo analog TV tuner built in, but the device is available in Australia with a Topfield standard definition digital box at no extra cost, and can scale right the way up to handle 1080i content.
The rear panel features a standard array of inputs, including S-Video, component, SCART and composite. A VGA connector is also provided for those who want to attach the display to a computer, and an easy to reach side panel also includes composite and a second S-Video connector alongside a headphone socket.
The TV ships with a remote control, power cable and manual, and a two-year warranty should provide some peace of mind. At a reasonable price, Baumann Meyer is onto a winner with the DT2600.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LG releases first flat screen OLED TV in Australia
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player debuts locally in May
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Smart TVs at risk from cyber crooks, report finds
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW