Avanquest Driver Genius Professional Edition 2007
- Quickly and efficiently finds all the drivers on your systems, easy to use, very helpful
- Backing up files can take a while
Driver Genius Professional Edition 2007 makes it easy to ensure that all your drivers are up-to-date and helps correct any problems so your system runs just that little bit smoother. In the event of a system crash, Driver Genius Professional Edition 2007 is an invaluable time-saving tool. And at $36.97 it's good value for money too.
Price$ 36.97 (AUD)
Driver Genius Professional Edition 2007 is designed to eliminate the time and effort needed to locate a required driver. The software will back up all the drivers on your system and copies them to an .exe auto installer, so that should anything go wrong with your PC it's easy to reinstall them.
When we put Driver Genius Professional Edition 2007 to the test, we found the backup option quickly and efficiently found all the drivers on our systems, from mice, keyboards and monitors to the sound and graphics cards and even our mobile phones and digital cameras. Users are also given the option to select a specific category of drivers they would like to back up. Choose from Currently Used driver, Windows Original drivers or Disconnected Device drivers. Within these categories users can also choose sub-categories such as mice, keyboards, monitors or processors.
Avanquest also claims that Driver Genius Professional Edition 2007 will search for updates and load new drivers on to your PC to ensure it's always up-to-date. When we ran a search for updates on our machine, six different drivers were identified and they covered everything from our wireless mouse to the connected digital camera and also the processor. We downloaded and installed the drivers immediately and did find that the machine worked a little bit quicker.
Priced at $36.97, Driver Genius Professional Edition 2007 also offers the function to automatically search its online database of 30,000 drivers and alert users if there any updates to the driver they currently use. This function can be programmed to take place every time the machine starts up, or users can engage it sporadically. We also found the Device Diagnostics tool, which checks the drivers and devices for any problems and corrects them.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
- YouTube rolling out live 360-degree videos with immersive Coachella experience
- Podcasts are now on the air in Google Play Music
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW