Atlus Trauma Center: New Blood
- Two-player support is great, same brand of operating fun that we loved in Second Opinion
- There is nothing new or groundbreaking here, so if you weren't a fan before, this probably won't change your mind
If you liked the excellent Second Opinion, you'll love New Blood just as much.
It's been a while since we scrubbed in for some Trauma Center fun, but it looks like we have another reason to get back into the operating room now that the amazing Trauma Center: New Blood has arrived.
Paging Doctor who?
Taking a break away from crowded cities and harried emergency rooms, New Blood drops you in a remote Alaskan hospital where two talented doctors, Dr. Markus Vaughn and Dr. Valerie Blaylock are obviously wasting their talent on treating simple illnesses and maladies. Dr. Vaughn has mastered the invaluable healing touch, while Dr. Blaylock is getting close. However, the forces that be won't let the two doctors spend all their time on small tumours for long, and they are soon called upon to face a new terrifying medical menace named Stigma.
But with two surgeons in the same hospital, there's a lot more than just equal opportunity at work here. The best addition that New Blood brings to the table is its multiplayer co-op mode. Two players can work together to complete the various operations, with each doctor receiving their own separate score; naturally, this allows for a competitive angle that further ramps up the tension and anxiety already innate in Trauma Center series.
Order of operations
You can also add your scores to online leaderboards and take part in challenge episodes that have you racing against the clock to finish a string of operations against the clock. The game is a great follow-up to Second Opinion but the formula hasn't changed much.
It's disappointing to see that the graphics haven't been updated and that the gameplay hasn't taken a significant step forward, but there's still plenty of fun to be had. The storyline is great and the gameplay is as entertaining as you all remember from the other games.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Latest News Articles
- This week in games: Blizzard ditches Battle.net, Gears of War 4 adds PC split-screen
- Forza Horizon 3 (PC) review impressions: Get ready to make your graphics card sweat
- How Xbox Project Scorpio and the PS4 Pro can play 4K games: Visual compromises
- Games yanked from Steam after developer sues users for nasty negative reviews
- BioShock Remastered's brand new PC port is just as bad as the old one
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD