Atari Australia The Witcher
- Amazing, vibrant graphics featured in a realistic world; fascinating and flawed characters; your morally ambiguous choices and situations directly affect the storyline; battle system is dynamic, with tons of options
- Atrocious load times are the one glaring error in an otherwise amazing game
The Witcher is an extremely fun game with the nasty habit of succumbing to narcolepsy at the most inappropriate moments.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
The Witcher isn't some boring old RPG
The combat system is one of the most innovative out there, with fighting centred around timed movies featuring multiple stances depending on who Geralt is fighting -- as well as multiple styles of swordplay and magic Signs. You can train your abilities in each stance in order to master a style, or improve generally across the board.
The Witcher isn't a game for the impatient
We recommend playing the game with a novel handy, or better yet, your favourite handheld console. The load times are atrocious, and you will spend upwards of five minutes or more loading between screens, and this includes opening a door and stepping into a room. Because of the loading issues, ambushed combat can be a pain, since your opponents have already begun to take their whacks before you have even loaded into the fight.
As far as we can tell, this is the only downside to this game, but in an action-RPG it's a pretty glaring fault. We wouldn't go so far as to say it makes the game unplayable, but the loading issues definitely keep this from being the perfect game it could have been. We would love to see this title moved to a console, where the controls could be streamlined and hopefully the load times reduced.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- The Switch is a mix of Nintendo's past consoles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- This week in games: Free Titanfall 2 weekend, Star Wars Battlefront meets Rogue One
- Every new game revealed at The Game Awards 2016, from Guardians of the Galaxy to Zelda
- Watch Dogs 2 PC impressions: A smooth-running romp through meme-filled San Francisco
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC