First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
The VH236H LCD monitor has a 1920x1080 native 1080p high-definition resolution
- Showed crisp text and bright colours, includes a multitude of extra features
- Offers few physical adjustments
The VH236H has a 1920x1080 native 1080p high-definition resolution; and its admirable performance in our motion tests suits it for movies and other forms of entertainment. Its US$239 price tag makes it an even more appealing option.
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
- HS-101 Deep Impact Bass Crystal Clear Voice Not... 25.99
- HS-101 PC Headset With Deep Impact Bass 26.49
The shiny, black Asus VH236H showed good image quality and smooth video in our subjective tests, making it a nice, well-priced monitor for entertainment-centric buyers. We also saw fine, easy-to-read text on both black and white backgrounds. Photographs generally looked lively and had realistic color, though colors in a few photos appeared slightly dull. The VH236H also handled our motion tests well, showing little visible fluttering. Its solid performance in those tests makes this monitor a good choice for gaming and other motion-intensive tasks.
This monitor hosts a multitude of ports on the rear, including HDMI, DVI, VGA, and audio-in, plus an S/PDIF jack. All are clearly labeled and easy to access, so plugging in cables is a breeze. The VH236H comes with a built-in speaker, which is adequate for basic office tasks but not for music or movies. Another noticeable shortcoming is the absence of any USB ports.
Five buttons on the front of the monitor manage the on-screen display, which is fairly easy to navigate. The OSD includes an array of brightness modes, such as scenery, standard, theater, and night view. A separate brightness control enables you to make more-minute adjustments. The display tilts but cannot swivel.
The VH236H has a 1920x1080 native 1080p high-definition resolution; and its admirable performance in our motion tests suits it for movies and other forms of entertainment. Its US$239 price tag makes it an even more appealing option in the current new monitor marketplace.
Latest News Articles
- Majority of large ISPs now using monthly data caps, GAO says
- Android vulnerability allows malware to compromise most devices and apps
- Oracle slashes Larry Ellison's stock options following shareholder discontent
- Microsoft faces anti-monopoly probe in China over Windows, Office
- Privacy groups call for action to stop Facebook's off site user tracking plans
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 3 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 4 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 5 How to pick the right size TV for your living room
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Monitors View all »
- 25% off $45 free shipping
- 2% off $2249 free shipping
- $136.95 free shipping
- $80 free shipping
- 80% off $5.98
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Home Entertainment View all »
- Digital Video View all »