First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
ASUS N53SV-SX712V laptop
A fast, well featured and affordable laptop for everyday tasks
ASUS packs plenty of value into this 15.6in model. It includes a quad-core Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU, along with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M graphics adapter, a 7200rpm hard drive with a 750GB capacity, and it even includes a hybrid digital TV tuner. You can use this laptop for both work and entertainment purposes.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
|Display technology||LED-backlit LCD|
|Graphics card||NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M|
|Discrete graphics card?||Yes|
|Optical media supported||DVD|
|DVD drive type||Read and write|
|CPU type||Intel Core i7|
|Processor type||Intel Core i7-2670QM|
|Operating system||Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 7 Home Premium|
|Hard drive interface||SATA|
|Hard drive type||Hard drive|
|Supported memory media||SD|
|Webcam resolution (megapixels)||2|
|Number of USB 2.0 ports||3|
|Wired Terminals / Ports||3.5mm headphone jack, Digital TV tuner, Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI, Line in, Microphone, USB 2.0, VGA (D-sub)|
|Wi-Fi (wireless networking)||Yes|
|Wireless technology supported||Bluetooth, Wireless 802.11b, Wireless 802.11g, Wireless 802.11n|
Latest News Articles
- Google invites Glass wearers to brave LA's beaches
- Telerik frees HTML5 collection of components
- Space X rocket en route to ISS with space laser cargo
- AMD steers clear of low-cost tablet market
- Experts: Avoid big mistakes with Oracle's Exadata
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 LCD vs plasma vs LED TVs buying guide
- 5 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.