First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
ASUS Extreme N6600GT
- Great performance, great software bundle
- Quite expensive
A great performer; however, you definitely pay a premium for the extra processing power
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Looking at the performance results of this card, it quickly becomes obvious why ASUS has decided to bill this card as "Extreme". It beat other cards in its class in every single test that we ran and it did so very convincingly. In particular, Unreal Tournament 2003 ran blazingly fast at all resolutions and Doom 3 ran brilliantly in high-detail mode, even at a resolution of 1280 x 1024.
These scores were achieved by a reported GPU clock speed of 500MHz and a memory clock speed 1100MHz. It has a cooling system that encompasses the memory chips in addition to the GPU.
Output options on this card include VGA, DVI and S-Video and composite TV-out (via adapters) and because this card is based on the GT version of the 6600, it can also be used as part of an SLI configuration.
Software bundled with this card includes Doom 3, overclocking and hardware monitoring utilities, a software DVD player as well as PowerDirector 3DE and Medi@show SE 2.0. We recommend this card because of this useful bundle and its best-in-class performance.
Latest News Articles
- Some are twisting the facts in requests to be forgotten, Google says
- Almost 200,000 people may have been affected by US visa system crash
- Who wins if Iliad buys T-Mobile?
- Most USB thumb drives can be reprogrammed to silently infect computers
- Windows Server 2003 support expiration could push sales next year
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 5 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- PC Components View all »
- $1243.95 free shipping
- $892.95 free shipping
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Servers & Storage View all »
- Software and Services View all »