Astone Xinc AV 512MB
- Small, easy-to-use, video playback
- Tiny screen, navigation can be tricky
A small screen and tricky navigation makes this tiny media player ideal for those with small hands, but difficult for the rest of us.
Price$ 279.00 (AUD)
The minuscule Astone Xinc AV measures a tiny 7x 4 x 2cm and weighs just 40g. Yet the size is deceptive; the small metallic and pearl-white unit has everything you would expect from a larger media player.
The Xinc AV player is compatible with common audio formats, including MP3, WMA and OGG, and video formats including MPEG-4, DivX and AVI. It can also handle JPEG photos and text files, and can serve as a mass storage device to help carry files around. An FM radio tuner is included, and it can record audio directly into WMA format. A navigation pad and basic set of buttons makes the small device relatively straightforward to operate, but it's tricky for those with big fingers.
We tested a 512MB model, but the device is also available in other capacities. All models feature internal batteries, which can be charged via a USB connection. We found battery life extended to about 12 hours in our tests.
The Xinc AV ships with a huge range of extras including a plastic cover, belt loop, USB adapter, headphones and cables.
The tiny, postage-stamp-size colour screen displays 262,000 colours. The display is clear and bright enough to view outside in sunny conditions, but the small dimensions make it difficult to watch movies. The audio quality is acceptable, but we detected some cracks and pops at high volumes.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia