Aqua Eagle Multi-Photo Email
This well designed iPhone app fills a functionality gap in Apple's smartphone.
- Attractive interface, extremely easy process, fast, completely independent from Mail client
- SMTP test occasionally crashes app
Multi-Photo Email fills a gap in the iPhone's functionality. It's one of the most polished and well developed apps available.
Price$ 1.19 (AUD)
Backing up or transferring photos off an iPhone can be an arduous task, particularly when there is no sync cable in sight. In these situations users are often forced to e-mail the photos to themselves or a friend one by one. Aqua Eagle's Multi-Photo Email addresses this issue.
The application employs a user interface that looks like a template from one of Apple's iLife applications, featuring a woodgrain background and very iPhone-esque buttons. The interface is attractive — increasingly uncommon among most of the App Store's inhabitants — and easy to navigate.
Multi-Photo Email is independent of the core Mail client. Users simply have to choose from a list of SMTP servers — Gmail, MobileMe, AOL are preconfigured or users can manually add their own — and provide login details for their account. Once completed, Multi-Photo Email is able to interact directly with the SMTP server without involving iPhone's Mail client.
Multi-Photo Email insists on performing an SMTP test once the server settings have been entered. This crashes the application to the Home Screen; fortunately, the SMTP settings are saved prior to testing, so users aren't stuck in an endless series of crashes.
Using the application is as simple as hitting Add Photos and choosing as many photos as you wish (we added more than 50 with no problem) from the iPhone's photo library, regardless of whether the photos are situated in the Camera Roll or other folders. The photos appear in the main interface as large thumbnails, and users can delete them at will.
Once the photos are chosen, the app guides the user through the process of sending the photos to one or more recipients. Users can input custom subject and body text, or set default text for quick e-mailing. The application then displays the progress and notifies the user once completed. The entire process is quick and pain-free, and much easier than using the iPhone's own Mail client.
Of course, as the number of photos increases, so does the size of the email, the amount of data being used (over Wi-Fi and 3G) and the time it will take to send. Aqua Eagle's Multi-Photo Email addresses these issues by offering a Reduce Image Size option and a customisable JPEG Image Quality setting. The Reduce Image Size had no apparent effect on photos, but the image quality setting successfully reduced file size.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Here's how Evernote moved 3 petabytes of data to Google's cloud
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)NSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- FTERP Data Migration Consultant - Software Company - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorNSW