Aqua Eagle Multi-Photo Email
This well designed iPhone app fills a functionality gap in Apple's smartphone.
- Attractive interface, extremely easy process, fast, completely independent from Mail client
- SMTP test occasionally crashes app
Multi-Photo Email fills a gap in the iPhone's functionality. It's one of the most polished and well developed apps available.
Price$ 1.19 (AUD)
Backing up or transferring photos off an iPhone can be an arduous task, particularly when there is no sync cable in sight. In these situations users are often forced to e-mail the photos to themselves or a friend one by one. Aqua Eagle's Multi-Photo Email addresses this issue.
The application employs a user interface that looks like a template from one of Apple's iLife applications, featuring a woodgrain background and very iPhone-esque buttons. The interface is attractive — increasingly uncommon among most of the App Store's inhabitants — and easy to navigate.
Multi-Photo Email is independent of the core Mail client. Users simply have to choose from a list of SMTP servers — Gmail, MobileMe, AOL are preconfigured or users can manually add their own — and provide login details for their account. Once completed, Multi-Photo Email is able to interact directly with the SMTP server without involving iPhone's Mail client.
Multi-Photo Email insists on performing an SMTP test once the server settings have been entered. This crashes the application to the Home Screen; fortunately, the SMTP settings are saved prior to testing, so users aren't stuck in an endless series of crashes.
Using the application is as simple as hitting Add Photos and choosing as many photos as you wish (we added more than 50 with no problem) from the iPhone's photo library, regardless of whether the photos are situated in the Camera Roll or other folders. The photos appear in the main interface as large thumbnails, and users can delete them at will.
Once the photos are chosen, the app guides the user through the process of sending the photos to one or more recipients. Users can input custom subject and body text, or set default text for quick e-mailing. The application then displays the progress and notifies the user once completed. The entire process is quick and pain-free, and much easier than using the iPhone's own Mail client.
Of course, as the number of photos increases, so does the size of the email, the amount of data being used (over Wi-Fi and 3G) and the time it will take to send. Aqua Eagle's Multi-Photo Email addresses these issues by offering a Reduce Image Size option and a customisable JPEG Image Quality setting. The Reduce Image Size had no apparent effect on photos, but the image quality setting successfully reduced file size.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- TPInstructional Designer | DETQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CC.Net Developer x 2QLD
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)ACT
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD