Apple 30-inch Cinema HD Display
- Mammoth screen size, high native resolution (2560 x 1600), sleek design, compelling display qualities
- Short warranty
An amazing viewing experience.
Price$ 2,798.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
With an optimum resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels, users will be astounded by the amount of available desktop real-estate the Apple 30" Cinema Display affords. Having the ability to view three maximised Web pages and a plethora of other applications at once is just one of the pleasures of a 30" display.
The Apple's enclosure is minimalist in its design, with a thin silver bezel around the edges, and no extrusions or labelling. There are three recessed buttons on the right edge: two brightness controls and a power button. At the back of the monitor, there is a discreet USB and FireWire hub, with two ports of each variety. The panel is supported by a desktop stand that can be removed for wall-mounting the display (the wall mount is an optional accessory).
Installing the panel is as easy as plugging in power and connecting to your computer. Only the higher-end video cards can support the full resolution of the LCD. If you plan on running 3D-intensive games, note that running in resolutions lower than the native screen resolution would result in the effects of a scaled picture. To run a game at the screen's optimum resolution (2560 x 1600), the video card requirements would be along the lines of an Nvidia 6800GT, which could add a significant amount to your overall bill.
Using Apple's 30" display was a unique experience; the display quality was almost perfect in terms of colour reproduction, contrast ratio (400:1) and response rate (16ms). The viewing angle was exceptional at angles of up to 170 degrees on both the X and Y axis, exhibiting little to no colour shift. The Cinema HD Display lives up to its specifications.
Simply put, Apple's 30" Cinema HD Display panel is one of the best display's we have reviewed. Of course, these types of specifications come at a price, and the RRP of the display will deter many consumers. We're also concerned by the limited one-year warranty, as other manufacturers have been known to provide up to three years' warranty on LCDs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
- Telstra misled customers on smartphone warranties: ACCC
- OnePlus One pre-orders go live this week
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW