Apple 30-inch Cinema HD Display
- Mammoth screen size, high native resolution (2560 x 1600), sleek design, compelling display qualities
- Short warranty
An amazing viewing experience.
Price$ 2,798.00 (AUD)
With an optimum resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels, users will be astounded by the amount of available desktop real-estate the Apple 30" Cinema Display affords. Having the ability to view three maximised Web pages and a plethora of other applications at once is just one of the pleasures of a 30" display.
The Apple's enclosure is minimalist in its design, with a thin silver bezel around the edges, and no extrusions or labelling. There are three recessed buttons on the right edge: two brightness controls and a power button. At the back of the monitor, there is a discreet USB and FireWire hub, with two ports of each variety. The panel is supported by a desktop stand that can be removed for wall-mounting the display (the wall mount is an optional accessory).
Installing the panel is as easy as plugging in power and connecting to your computer. Only the higher-end video cards can support the full resolution of the LCD. If you plan on running 3D-intensive games, note that running in resolutions lower than the native screen resolution would result in the effects of a scaled picture. To run a game at the screen's optimum resolution (2560 x 1600), the video card requirements would be along the lines of an Nvidia 6800GT, which could add a significant amount to your overall bill.
Using Apple's 30" display was a unique experience; the display quality was almost perfect in terms of colour reproduction, contrast ratio (400:1) and response rate (16ms). The viewing angle was exceptional at angles of up to 170 degrees on both the X and Y axis, exhibiting little to no colour shift. The Cinema HD Display lives up to its specifications.
Simply put, Apple's 30" Cinema HD Display panel is one of the best display's we have reviewed. Of course, these types of specifications come at a price, and the RRP of the display will deter many consumers. We're also concerned by the limited one-year warranty, as other manufacturers have been known to provide up to three years' warranty on LCDs.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- TPApplication DeveloperACT
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineersACT
- CCPerformance TesterQLD
- TPProject SchedulerVIC
- CCCommunications Network EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Expert - Linux / MySql / ScriptQLD
- CCAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - General InsuranceNSW
- FTData Analyst LeadSA
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FT.Net Solutions DeveloperSA
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW