this has much better traffic reports http://www.mevvy.com/tools/waze/, for one simple reason, its people reporting as well not just traffic reports. that means the more people that will be using it, the more accurate it will become. they either add this feature or traffic stats will never be as accurate
App review: Live Traffic NSW for iOS
Stay ahead of the traffic with live updates and road camera feeds
- Traffic Cameras
- Detailed descriptions of incident
- Camera outages
- Too many area selection menus
Live Traffic NSW is a necessity for Sydneysiders. Despite its flaws, it can be a time saver, particularly for motorists that are forced to use the congested main roads in the city.
Traffic in Sydney (and NSW) is dreadful at the best of times. The Live Traffic NSW app is a means of staying informed about traffic incidents across the state, and provides live updates from the Transport Management Centre (TMC). While it does provide insight into what’s happening on the road, the app has a long way to go when it comes to coverage.
Live Traffic NSW has two key features: Live Traffic and Traffic Cameras. Both of these can be browsed in either a text or map view by tapping one of the two options near the top of the screen.
The Live Traffic option allows you to view all traffic incidents recorded by the TMC. You can either hone into a specific area, or view the entire state. Alternatively, you can just tap the map button on the top left, and browse it manually rather than navigating through the menu options. Although this might seem more convenient, it actually only gives you a look at the area in which you are currently located, rather than a complete view of the state (despite the entire map showing). The best bet is to go through text view, and click on "All NSW", which will then give you a full list and, of course, allow you to change to map view. Once an incident is selected, a brief description pops up describing which roads are affected and what precautions to take.
Have you ever seen cameras on the road that don’t have a safety/speed/red light camera sign nearby? Those are the traffic cameras that you have access to with the Live Traffic NSW app. This feature works exactly like Live Traffic, although rather than outlining traffic incidents, you can select a camera to look through. According to the app, the cameras update every minute. Through experience, this isn't entirely correct, but comes close most of the time. The cameras don’t cover all of NSW, but are mainly focused on the greater Sydney suburban areas.
Developer: RTA NSW
Requirements: iOS 4.3 and higher
Reviewed on: iPhone 5
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW