App review: Live Traffic NSW for iOS
Stay ahead of the traffic with live updates and road camera feeds
- Traffic Cameras
- Detailed descriptions of incident
- Camera outages
- Too many area selection menus
Live Traffic NSW is a necessity for Sydneysiders. Despite its flaws, it can be a time saver, particularly for motorists that are forced to use the congested main roads in the city.
Traffic in Sydney (and NSW) is dreadful at the best of times. The Live Traffic NSW app is a means of staying informed about traffic incidents across the state, and provides live updates from the Transport Management Centre (TMC). While it does provide insight into what’s happening on the road, the app has a long way to go when it comes to coverage.
Live Traffic NSW has two key features: Live Traffic and Traffic Cameras. Both of these can be browsed in either a text or map view by tapping one of the two options near the top of the screen.
The Live Traffic option allows you to view all traffic incidents recorded by the TMC. You can either hone into a specific area, or view the entire state. Alternatively, you can just tap the map button on the top left, and browse it manually rather than navigating through the menu options. Although this might seem more convenient, it actually only gives you a look at the area in which you are currently located, rather than a complete view of the state (despite the entire map showing). The best bet is to go through text view, and click on "All NSW", which will then give you a full list and, of course, allow you to change to map view. Once an incident is selected, a brief description pops up describing which roads are affected and what precautions to take.
Have you ever seen cameras on the road that don’t have a safety/speed/red light camera sign nearby? Those are the traffic cameras that you have access to with the Live Traffic NSW app. This feature works exactly like Live Traffic, although rather than outlining traffic incidents, you can select a camera to look through. According to the app, the cameras update every minute. Through experience, this isn't entirely correct, but comes close most of the time. The cameras don’t cover all of NSW, but are mainly focused on the greater Sydney suburban areas.
Developer: RTA NSW
Requirements: iOS 4.3 and higher
Reviewed on: iPhone 5
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystsSA
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTSenior Developer/DevOpsVIC
- TPAPS6 Java DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- FTPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTSAP Logistics ConsultantNSW
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorSA
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Office 365QLD
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (BI / Analytics)NSW
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Performance AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW