First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
APC UPB10 Mobile Power Pack
Handy rechargeable battery
- Light, small, decent capacity
- A bit pricey
The APC UPB10 Mobile Power Pack is great if you think you might get caught short on a long trip. But it’s slightly expensive for a gadget that may be used only occasionally.
Price$ 99.99 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 14 stores)
The UPB10 Mobile Power Pack is a rechargeable battery that APC claims is perfect for powering iPods and other MP3 players, mobile phones and portable gaming systems through their USB connectors.
The sleek, lightweight device is small enough to slip into a handbag and, with a capacity of 10 watt-hours (Wh), the APC UPB10 Mobile Power Pack is the ideal solution should a portable audio player run out of power on a long journey.
There are two methods to charge the APC UPB10 Mobile Power Pack's battery: plug it into a power socket or a PC's USB port. The APC features four white LEDs that flash in sequence to indicate charging. We found it took just under 3.5 hours to fully charge the power pack.
Then it was simply a case of connecting the USB cable to the APC UPB10 Mobile Power Pack and, in our case, an iPod nano and, voila, our iPod sprang into life.
In a bid to conserve power, the APC UPB10 Mobile Power Pack automatically goes into sleep mode after being idle for 15 minutes. Pressing the status button wakes it up fairly quickly, and the LEDs display the remaining charge.
Latest News Articles
- Glass all gone after one-day sale, Google says
- Mt. Gox has filed for liquidation in Japan, says report
- Microsoft's Chinese partner confident Xbox can compete against Android consoles
- Sony launches 6in dual-SIM smartphone for sub-$500
- Ukraine tensions could hurt international security efforts, Kaspersky says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
- 5 Who makes the better smartphone, Samsung or HTC?
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.