First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
AOpen Aeolus 6600GT
- Quiet cooling
- Seems a little unstable
This card could not finish all of our benchmarks and thus is hard to recommend.
Price$ 379.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
Based on the GT version of the 6600 GPU, the Aeolus 6600GT has 128MB of GDDR3 memory and features SLI capabilities as well as high definition video output.
It ships with a couple of games as well as cabling to take advantage of its high definition output and TV-out features.
It has a quiet cooling system, which includes a heat sink and fan combination atop the GPU as well as copper heat sinks for all the memory chips.
It produced very competitive scores in most of our tests, but could complete a Doom 3 test at a resolution of 1280 x1 024 and with 2X anti-aliasing enabled. Repeated runs at this setting caused our system to freeze or re-start automatically.
The GPU and memory clocks on this card are 500MHz and 1GHz by default. We are hesitant to recommend this card because of its inability to finish all our tests.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S: hands-on with Samsung's 2014 flagship tablet
- 2 Fetch TV set-top box
- 3 Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop
- 4 Samsung NX30 camera
- 5 ASUS T100 Transformer Book hybrid
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Latest News Articles
- Judge approves Apple e-books price-fixing settlement
- HP's SlateBook 14 Android laptop ships, but with a higher price than expected
- Train robots hands-on to dump trash with this new OS
- Oregon's move from Oracle-developed site to Healthcare.gov on track, official says
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- PC Components View all »
- $569.95 free shipping
- $175.99 free shipping
- 13% off $154 free shipping
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Servers & Storage View all »
- Software and Services View all »