Anyware Corporation Toy Webcam
- It’s a dog, focus ring implemented on front of camera, Quick and easy setup
- Average quality, Limited software
It’s a webcam inside a dog! Don’t expect high quality, but it does its job with a minimum of fuss.
Price$ 24.00 (AUD)
Looking like any ordinary plush toy, the Anyware Computer Accessories Toy Webcam is an amusing product that is sure to win over the kids, while providing an opportunity for internet video recording and still images.
Basically a small CMOS webcam built inside a toy dog, the Toy Webcam plugs into your PC via its USB cable, which protrudes from its rear. Installation is a hassle-free process - install the provided software and drivers, plug in the webcam and you're away. The Toy Webcam definitely scores points for its ease of use.
The installation CD contains a piece of software called Amcap, which is used to run the webcam. Simply click 'Options>Preview' and a window will display the current image. Focus is adjusted using the focus control, mounted in the nose of the dog. We experienced some difficulty in obtaining a respectable image, so it is well advised to ensure you do take time to experiment with the focus control.
The software is very simple to use; 'Capture>Snap One Image' takes a still photograph, while 'Capture>Start Camera' records video. Our main complaint with the software is the lack of easy access to these controls as they are all part of the toolbar. We would have appreciated a large record button implemented into the interface, which makes it quicker to start recording or take a quick snapshot.
The video quality isn't anything to write home about, but the Toy Webcam does its job with a minimum of fuss and considering the price, it's hard not to like it. It won't win any awards, but it will provide a fun and pleasurable product for children and adults alike. It is also available in four other dog designs.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- D-Link camera can be hijacked to become a spy-cam
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC