Anyplace Control Anyplace Control
- Simple setup, trial account option
- It's slow, you can't output to a printer connected to the local PC or hear the target PC's system audio
Anyplace Control will be suitable for occasional users who find themselves in a squeeze and don't want to spend too much on a service.
Price$ 49.50 (AUD)
The Anyplace Control remote access software works only after it has been installed on both the target PC and the system on which you wish to access it.
Anyplace Control is more simple than most setups, however, and there's no need to provide your credit-card details to create a trial account. An access code, username and password control entry to the target PC.
Anyplace Control allowed us to open programs and documents fairly easily, but the program was considerably slower than other remote-access services we have tried.
Regardless of when we ran our tests we found a noticeable delay between clicking an item on our target PC and it becoming visible on the local machine. On-screen information is another concern. Anyplace Control cunningly displays the desktop wallpaper of your target PC, but when we tested this the image was blurred.
We followed Anyplace Control's recommendation to remove this and successfully speeded up access to the desktop and the opening of files. However, the transfer time for an 18MB file between PCs was still pretty sluggish at 13 minutes.
Anyplace Control offers either a Full Control or a View Only service. The latter allows files to be transferred and the contents of the clipboard to be copied to the local PC.
While Anyplace Control offers the familiar Ctrl, Alt, Del key sequence to reboot a hanging remote system, you can't output to a printer connected to the local PC or hear the target PC's system audio.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Here's how Evernote moved 3 petabytes of data to Google's cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2QLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- CCUser ResearcherNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)QLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- TPProject Manager to manage two concurrent ProjectsQLD
- FTIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- CCLevel 2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD