Adobe Systems Photoshop Elements 3.0
The tools to perform digital imaging wizardry easily, as well as a more effective way to organise and share your digital media files.
Price$ 179.00 (AUD)
Photoshop Elements 3.0, Adobe's latest image editing package for the non-professional, has been given a substantial facelift. Besides the revamped interface, improved tools and new features have transformed Elements 3.0 into a substantial image editing package with widespread appeal.
The opening screen provides quick access to your media collection for general file organising and viewing, with standard edit tools and features made available if you work in edit mode. You can either follow a step-by-step process or work at your own speed, confident in knowing that the undo button will correct any indiscretion.
Red-eye removal, one of the more popular features in any image editing program, has been improved in Elements 3.0, with less need to be so accurate. Just select the red-eye tool and click somewhere around the offending eye and suddenly your baby doesn't look possessed! The Spot Healing Brush, brought over from Adobe's professional Photoshop CS, is a truly useful tool for one-click fixes of small skin blemishes or dust specks.
Professional features include support for 16-bit colour images and high quality uncompressed RAW image files.
Elements 3.0 has also included much of the functionality previously only available in Adobe Photoshop Album.
Elements 3.0 is now a much more complete and user-friendly solution than version 2.0 and as good as any consumer-based digital imaging package on the market.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW