Adobe Systems Photoshop Elements 3.0
The tools to perform digital imaging wizardry easily, as well as a more effective way to organise and share your digital media files.
Price$ 179.00 (AUD)
Photoshop Elements 3.0, Adobe's latest image editing package for the non-professional, has been given a substantial facelift. Besides the revamped interface, improved tools and new features have transformed Elements 3.0 into a substantial image editing package with widespread appeal.
The opening screen provides quick access to your media collection for general file organising and viewing, with standard edit tools and features made available if you work in edit mode. You can either follow a step-by-step process or work at your own speed, confident in knowing that the undo button will correct any indiscretion.
Red-eye removal, one of the more popular features in any image editing program, has been improved in Elements 3.0, with less need to be so accurate. Just select the red-eye tool and click somewhere around the offending eye and suddenly your baby doesn't look possessed! The Spot Healing Brush, brought over from Adobe's professional Photoshop CS, is a truly useful tool for one-click fixes of small skin blemishes or dust specks.
Professional features include support for 16-bit colour images and high quality uncompressed RAW image files.
Elements 3.0 has also included much of the functionality previously only available in Adobe Photoshop Album.
Elements 3.0 is now a much more complete and user-friendly solution than version 2.0 and as good as any consumer-based digital imaging package on the market.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW