Adobe Systems Media Player
Adobe Media Player's overall design, look, and ease of use is impressive.
Adobe Media Player not only rivals Apple's Quicktime and Microsoft's Windows Media Player, but also provides on-demand video content such as episodes of 'CSI: Miami' and 'CSI: New York', along with other feature programming and music videos.
Based on Adobe's Flash technology, Adobe Media Player contains both content creation and playback components, and is available for Windows and Mac. The overall look and design is sleek, uncluttered and easy to use. As soon as you load Adobe Media Player the black interface features bright, bold images of the TV shows available.
The Adobe Media Player home screen is split into two sections. The left hand side covers your video preferences, including favourite shows and any files imported from your PC's hard drive, while the right hand side provides access to the content currently available direct from Adobe.
To date, Adobe Media Player content is aimed at the US market, and we were able to pick from 384 TV shows from a number of American networks including MTV and CBS. Everything from comedy and animation to documentaries and music-related shows are available. Although no Australian content is available, some programmes will be familiar to an Australian audience, including MTV's 'Cribs' and 'The Hills' (semi-reality TV show about rich kids in LA), 'CSI New York' and the 'Rosie O'Donnell' chat show.
Currently, episodes can only be streamed online, although Adobe is planning to launch a subscription service allowing programmes to downloaded and viewed offline. Further details of this service have yet to be announced. Once you've chosen a programme, you are able to stream it in the Adobe Media Player either at actual size, fit-to-size or full screen, although in the later two options video-quality suffers. Adobe Media Player also offers stop, pause, fast forward and rewind options.
You can add different programmes to the My Favorites list and Adobe Media Player will automatically alert you when a new episode of these shows is available. Once programmes have been viewed, they disappear from the list. You can also select files from your PC's hard drive, and add them to the personal videos list.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Opera's free, unlimited browser VPN is ready for secure surfing
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA