Acronis ANZ True Image Home 11
- Imaging from within Windows or a recovery disk, creates a hidden restore and safe-zone partition
- Unintuitive interface, overly complicated workflow
The interface may be befuddling in spots, but True Image is the best all-around backup utility available. Find a demo of it here for download.
Price$ 62.99 (AUD)
Great at backups, but its interface can be confusing.
Now in version 11, Acronis True Image is the most powerful consumer imaging program on the market. It runs from within Windows or from a Linux-based boot disc, creates full and incremental images (backing up the entire drive and subsequently adding new and changed files), and offers the usual compression and encryption options.
If you choose the more expensive Workstation version and purchase a Universal Restore module, you can restore images to a PC whose hardware profile differs from the one on which the image was created.
Version 11's interface is friendlier than earlier ones, though still unintuitive at times. Its new Try & Decide mode works like a virtual machine, writing disk changes to a hidden recovery partition, and committing them later only at your discretion. Turn it on before you install unfamiliar software or browse to dubious Web sites. In the gold beta we tested, the feature exacted a noticeable performance hit, but it's still a nice safeguard.
You can also now restore individual files and folders from a full image within the main program, perform a quick system-state backup, and take advantage of improved filtering for file and folder backups. The interface may be befuddling in spots, but True Image is the best all-around backup utility available. Find a demo of it here for download.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT