First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Acronis True Image 8
Unlike Ghost 9.0, True Image works with any version of Windows. It is also extremely user-friendly.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 2 stores)
There's lots of backup and imaging utilities out there, but few are as easy to use as this one. Not only can you clone a complete drive, but restoring the mirror image of your data is a piece of cake.
Acronis True Image 8.0 generates a self-install executable-based backup that'll run from a Linux-based boot disk, either a floppy or a CD-R.
The program can copy data on to almost any PC storage device: local hard drives, PC Card, removable media drives, network drives, recordable CD/DVD, optical and Zip drives. This version doesn't work with imaging to tape drives, however; that's only supported by the server version.
For the ultimate in reassurance, you can both verify your backup image and save it in a secure zone, away from any possible operating system corruption. Saved images can be updated incrementally and even mounted as another drive letter if you need to get at a file. Backups can also be scheduled.
Latest News Articles
- Google, Linaro develop custom Android edition for Project Ara
- Senator pushes new version of bill to limit NSA phone records collection
- Canada blames China for cyber intrusion at National Research Council
- Majority of large ISPs now using monthly data caps, GAO says
- Android vulnerability allows malware to compromise most devices and apps
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 3 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 4 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 5 How to pick the right size TV for your living room
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.