Acer Ferrari F-20
- Attractive design, Good text reproduction, Excellent graphics performance
- Some odd design choices
The Acer Ferrari F-20 is a sweet display with crisp, colorful images and design panache.
Price$ 1,499.00 (AUD)
The Acer Ferrari F-20 is impressive. This 20 inch widescreen monitor looks gorgeous and sleek, and its display quality is quite high.
The Ferrari F-20 performed well in our text tests, as compared with other 20-inch models. We were particularly pleased with the clean lines on screens of black-and-white bars, the letters E, M and multi-size fonts. The Ferrari breezed through the graphics tests as well. We also liked its consistency on our white screen test and its clean delineation of various shades in our grey scale and colour scale tests. The Ferrari F-20 nearly equaled the glossy-screened NEC MultiSync 20WMGX's scores on real-world photo test screens. Acer also includes a cleaning cloth to keep the F-20's screen looking its best.
Physically, Acer's Ferrari F-20 resembles the company's AL1932d. Each of these beauties has a semitransparent bezel that curves backward at the top, bringing sports car analogies to mind. Both monitors have blue LED power indicators and buttons on the right. However, the Ferrari makes a statement with a gutsy black-and-red color combo: Its red buttons and stand contrast boldly with the glossy black bezel. The red stands out from the sea of silver, black, and silver-and-black monitors.
On the downside, the Ferrari F-20 shows a few odd design decisions. The DVI input arrives on a separate component that installs - fairly easily, from the looks of it - onto the back of the monitor. (Our review unit arrived with this box already installed, but the accompanying documents make it clear that most users will have to install it themselves.) It's well tailored to the look of the monitor, and it doesn't stick out, but it's an unusual extra step. We would have liked to see physical adjustments besides just tilt, though. The integrated speakers sounded fine, but they didn't blow us away.
All in all, the Acer Ferrari F-20 is a sweet display. Its crisp, colorful images and design panache would be tempting even at a higher price. At this price, this 20-inch wide-screen is likely to find a parking spot on many a desk.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW