Acer Ferrari F-20
- Attractive design, Good text reproduction, Excellent graphics performance
- Some odd design choices
The Acer Ferrari F-20 is a sweet display with crisp, colorful images and design panache.
Price$ 1,499.00 (AUD)
The Acer Ferrari F-20 is impressive. This 20 inch widescreen monitor looks gorgeous and sleek, and its display quality is quite high.
The Ferrari F-20 performed well in our text tests, as compared with other 20-inch models. We were particularly pleased with the clean lines on screens of black-and-white bars, the letters E, M and multi-size fonts. The Ferrari breezed through the graphics tests as well. We also liked its consistency on our white screen test and its clean delineation of various shades in our grey scale and colour scale tests. The Ferrari F-20 nearly equaled the glossy-screened NEC MultiSync 20WMGX's scores on real-world photo test screens. Acer also includes a cleaning cloth to keep the F-20's screen looking its best.
Physically, Acer's Ferrari F-20 resembles the company's AL1932d. Each of these beauties has a semitransparent bezel that curves backward at the top, bringing sports car analogies to mind. Both monitors have blue LED power indicators and buttons on the right. However, the Ferrari makes a statement with a gutsy black-and-red color combo: Its red buttons and stand contrast boldly with the glossy black bezel. The red stands out from the sea of silver, black, and silver-and-black monitors.
On the downside, the Ferrari F-20 shows a few odd design decisions. The DVI input arrives on a separate component that installs - fairly easily, from the looks of it - onto the back of the monitor. (Our review unit arrived with this box already installed, but the accompanying documents make it clear that most users will have to install it themselves.) It's well tailored to the look of the monitor, and it doesn't stick out, but it's an unusual extra step. We would have liked to see physical adjustments besides just tilt, though. The integrated speakers sounded fine, but they didn't blow us away.
All in all, the Acer Ferrari F-20 is a sweet display. Its crisp, colorful images and design panache would be tempting even at a higher price. At this price, this 20-inch wide-screen is likely to find a parking spot on many a desk.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTGraduate Application Support Analyst -SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions AnalystNSW
- TPAPS6 Java DeveloperACT
- FTDeployment Manager | ContractVIC
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- TPWintel EngineerVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- FTIT ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- CCOracle Middleware Production SupportACT
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTPHP DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Developer/DevOpsVIC
- FTManagement AccountantNSW
- FTAgile Project ManagerACT
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTSecurity Monitoring SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Drupal Developer / ArchitectQLD
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD