First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Abit Computer X600 Pro Guru
- Overclocking jumper
- Slower than other cards
The jumper adds novelty, but ultimately this card is outperformed by the competition. Worth considering for a budget system but not much else.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 4 stores)
While this card is based on the X600 Pro chip, it has a feature that have not seen on other cards: a jumper setting that can be manipulated to make the GPU run at X600 XT speeds. The GPU/memory clocks are set at 405MHz/512MHz by default, but when the jumper is enabled, the GPU clock soars to 500MHz, while the memory stays the same. This is what ABIT calls turbo mode, and while we did see an increase of 4 to 6 frames per second across all tests when it was switched on, this card's performance was nevertheless much slower than many cards reviewed in this section, most likely due to its slower memory clock. Changing the jumper setting would require reinstalling the graphics driver.
An active cooling solution is located atop the GPU of this card and it is quiet during operation, but its 256MB of memory does not have any cooling devices.
This card is inexpensive and ships with PowerDVD 5 as well as a software overclocking utility. It does have both standard VGA and DVI outputs, so it can be used in multiple monitor environments, and it also has TV-Out support. Cables for these functions are supplied.
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups call for action to stop Facebook's off site user tracking plans
- Huawei's smartphones shipments rise on international sales
- Rhapsody reaches 2M subscribers, bets on new unRadio service
- Using Instagram on public Wi-Fi poses risk of an account hijack, researcher says
- Lithium-metal battery could boost gadget power
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 5 How to pick the right size TV for your living room
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- PC Components View all »
- $110.95 free shipping
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Servers & Storage View all »
- Software and Services View all »