Abit Computer X600 Pro Guru
- Overclocking jumper
- Slower than other cards
The jumper adds novelty, but ultimately this card is outperformed by the competition. Worth considering for a budget system but not much else.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
While this card is based on the X600 Pro chip, it has a feature that have not seen on other cards: a jumper setting that can be manipulated to make the GPU run at X600 XT speeds. The GPU/memory clocks are set at 405MHz/512MHz by default, but when the jumper is enabled, the GPU clock soars to 500MHz, while the memory stays the same. This is what ABIT calls turbo mode, and while we did see an increase of 4 to 6 frames per second across all tests when it was switched on, this card's performance was nevertheless much slower than many cards reviewed in this section, most likely due to its slower memory clock. Changing the jumper setting would require reinstalling the graphics driver.
An active cooling solution is located atop the GPU of this card and it is quiet during operation, but its 256MB of memory does not have any cooling devices.
This card is inexpensive and ships with PowerDVD 5 as well as a software overclocking utility. It does have both standard VGA and DVI outputs, so it can be used in multiple monitor environments, and it also has TV-Out support. Cables for these functions are supplied.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- EVGA's GTX 1080 FTW2 and SC2 graphics cards get updated with faster memory
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
- Samsung ready to make chips faster than the ones in Galaxy S8
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD