360fly Mobile VR Viewer headset review
You can buy the same Virtual Reality goggles for less. If you can find them.
- Better built than similar review products
- On sale at major tech retailer
- Identical headsets costs less
At $69 it's still relatively cheap in the market. But 3SIXT has an identical model for $40 - it's just harder to find.
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
We’re starting to see more and more VR headsets hit the market. This one belongs to 360fly – the makers of the impressive 360-degree VR camera.
You can attach most phones to it (3.5-inch up to 6-inches). The clasp is sharp and fiddly, though and it covers a phone’s buttons while also putting pressure on them and activating them (while setting up). However, once everything is settled you’ve a decent-enough, no-frills VR headset.
[Related: Google Daydream VR full, in-depth review]
The problem is, we’ve already seen the exact same thing from 3SIXT. Whoever is making this unit is rebranding it for various vendors. The main issue here is that 3SIXT’s unit sells for $40 while 360fly’s sells for $69.
As such we recommend you read the 3SIXT Virtual Reality Headset review, here which goes into much more detail.
There are some minor differences, though. The 3SIXT model we tested had very flimsy pieces of plastic holding the straps. The fixtures here are more solid. It makes us think that the factory has adapted it’s manufacturing processes since we received our 3SIXT review sample. Other minor differences are cosmetic, with decals and surface contours exhibiting some minor differences.
However, a potentially more-compelling issue is supply. It’s hard to find the 3SIXT model online and on the high street you’ve only got News Link, Optus, Virgin and Telstra stores stocking it.
As such it’s easier to get obtain the 360fly version which can be bought from JB-HiFi.
So while it costs more than the 3SIXT, that counts for nothing if you can’t actually find the 3SIXT or if you have to spend time or money procuring it.Read more: Zeiss VR One Plus Virtual Reality headset review
Elsewhere, you’ve got the Samsung Gear VR which is worth paying more for if you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, thanks to the on-board controllers. There’s also the brand-new Zeiss VR One Plus headset, which does the same thing but with far superior optics and a much higher price tag.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- IBM's hub for wearables could have you out of the hospital faster
- The six Android Wear 2.0 changes you should check out first
- Android Wear 2.0 finally arrives, alongside two LG watches made in collaboration with Google
- Apple has just patented an Apple Watch battery band
- LG leaks seemingly reveal G6, co-designed Google watches
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- FTPrincipal Architect - Infrastructure | Major BankVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW