Technical Consultant - to start in March/April 2017
The primary responsibility of the Technical Consultant is to provide design, configuration and escalated problem management in client environments of medium complexity. The Technical Consultant establishes a track record of exceptional performance with regards to a combination of technical, service and/or business ability.
This position requires an employee to translate medium complexity business requirements into functional requirements and through technical expertise translate the requirements into technical solutions. This employee will engage early in the client planning and solution definition phase of projects and define the standards of work (SoW) with the related roles and responsibilities of the team to be utilised. The position acts as trusted advisor to the client through demonstrating an understanding of the client's requirements and expertise in the relevant technologies.
The individual contributes expertise towards a proposed technical solution and will work with internal colleagues to define the roadmap and milestones. They demonstrate the ability to assist in providing an overall high-level design of technical or service solutions for complex business situations.
The Technical Consultant is expected to provide problem management assistance at escalated levels.
This role engages clients and identifies opportunities at a high level. They provide assistance to Pre-Sales and are involved in pre-sales processes within medium complexity customer environments. They display strong client service orientation and strive for client engagement.
- Deliver technical solutions to clients and take responsibility for the standards of work, project sign off and client satisfaction.
- Contribute expertise towards a proposed technical solution and will work with internal colleagues to define the roadmap and milestones.
- Provide pre-sales support identifying opportunities and contributing expertise around the design and configuration requirements in relation to RFP / RFI and proposals of medium complexity.
- Provide user support, assisting with troubleshooting and design, configuration and escalated problem management.
- Develop technical training materials and conduct training programs and educate engineers on basic technical details.
- Act as key project team members charged with the analysis of user and technical requirements, specifications development, solution design and development, and in some environments may consult on testing and deployment processes.
- Expected to be technology leads for specific technologies and to use their deep knowledge of these technologies to propose enhancements and improvements.
- Relevant degree (BSc/Bcom Informatics preferred)
- At least 4 years' experience across multiple domains
- Project management experience, including certification (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience working with clients to understand their requirements and define appropriate solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs
- Ability working with clients and business teams to create client-orientated solutions and services
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- The ability to recognise opportunities for enhancement and continuous improvement
- Displays persuasive and confident presentation, writing and report/proposal ability
- Ability to establish and manage processes and practices through collaboration and the understanding of business
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or can gain an Australian Government security clearance.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Amy Simon
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTScrum Coach / Agile CoachACT
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- CCETL/BI /Data Stage DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutions - www.class.com.auNSW
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW